Bug- please take these maps out of rotation

For the past 5-6 months a large number of Mac players have been experiencing a debilitating graphics issue where in certain maps buildings, heroes, minions and players become invisible. It effects certain areas of the map, such as bottom lane on black hearts bay, bottom lane of immortals, top bridge of dragon shire, etc. Units will either be entirely invisible for flicker, bouncing up and down on the screen. Certain maps have become entirely unplayable and will result in an almost guaranteed loss. It’s a known issue, I will post a link to the thread where tech support says they are trying but nearly 6 months later there is still no eta.

Our request to devs is to please temporarily remove the following maps from rotation:
-Blackheart’s Bay (Due to Bot)
-Battlefield of Eternity (Bot)
-Hananura (Mid by objective spawn)
-Volksaya Foundry (Various)

These aren’t all the maps but they are the worst offenders, ranked starting from worst at the top and descending from there. The rest are manageable. Others from the technical thread are welcome to include their input on maps.

6 Likes

Can confirm Blackheart Bay has a bug on the PC too. Majority of players have been reporting its unfun to play on since 2015.

Please remove, thanks.

3 Likes

i wonder if they’ll ever add new maps and perhaps get rid of BHB or rework it instead of having it focus on PVE

2 Likes

I agree with OP, those maps are UNPLAYABLE in Mac. We have already waited for 5-6 months for a solution. At least take the maps out of rotation, we CANT play the game in this state.

I need to bump this so MAC players get a fair deal. Please Blizzard take this maps out of rotation, it has been 5-6 months of waiting and nothing…

Sounds unfair, since about 1% of gamers play on Mac, it would not be fair to remove a bunch of maps for the 99% not playing on Mac.

And it is easily fixable by installing Windows (bootcamp) for gaming on the Mac, since fixing the issue on OS X is taking Blizzard forever.

4 Likes

or a better and superior idea is to not use apple related products? You’ll save so much money and time as well as open yourself to a new world of possibilities. The tech world is more aligned with windows. Save yourself.

6 Likes

I cant believe your support to people that are having about 5-6 months of bad (or inexistent) gameplay. If the developers say the game is Mac supported, it should be, and i request that my gameplay is at least decent given the minimum requirements they have stated.

We have been asking for SIX months in the “mac support forum”, with the only answer of “oh, it seems this is hard to fix, maybe you should ask in the general discussion forum so the developers take those maps off the rotation”.

Well, here we are. A little support from the people that can actually play the game would be nice.

1 Like

Maybe you are not serious. But again, if the developers say this game is playable in Mac, it should be. I already have a Macbook, i dont have thousand of dollars to expend in another PC. If some maps are unplayable in mac (and yes, they are), I expect them to fix the problem, or at least take the maps out until they do the fix.

1 Like

The game is in maintenance mode, meaning even Windows players get absolute minimal resources.

You are lucky the game is playable at all on any operating system.

Yes, it sucks it takes them 6+ months to fix visual bugs on Mac, but there is a possibility they might never be fixed at all since it costs money to hire developers, and this game is not bringing in a whole lot of money by the looks of how things are going.

It would be absurd to remove multiple maps on rotation just for the few hundred or so active Mac players still playing HotS.

It’s not that the community doesn’t support you. I want nothing more than you to be able to play the game as intended on Mac. I am just asking for a bit of realism given the current state and budget of the game.

Whenever I see this issue posted about I always ask this question. I have yet to get an answer.

The timing of this bug seems to coincide with the September patch. Does your computer still meet the required specs as of that patch?

HEROES OF THE STORM LIVE PATCH NOTES - SEPTEMBER 24, 2019

MacOS Update

• With this patch, Heroes of the Storm will use Metal for rendering on macOS. This change ensures that Heroes is compatible with macOS Catalina and that it continues to be compatible with macOS for a long time to come. As a result, the minimum required version of macOS to run Heroes of the Storm is being increased to macOS 10.12 Sierra.
1 Like

Sadly it’s unlikely that blizzard will fix anything. Mac has been disregarded for a very long time when it comes to blizzard games.

Please delete BHB and Warhead junction thank you.

Yes, i have MacOS Mojave (10.14).

Every Mac user should verify that they meet all of the System Requirements: Heroes of the Storm System Requirements - Blizzard Support

For those that do, this is a critical bug and should be fixed by Blizzard ASAP. Removing 4+ maps would be a bad temporary work-around, at best. (A better one is to dual-boot Windows or something like that.) Alternatively, it would not be inappropriate for Blizzard to withdraw Mac support.

Claiming to support something but allowing a game-breaking bug to continue without comment for half a year is absurd.

Signed,

A professional technical support bloke

3 Likes

Thank you. If all system requirements have been met, than yes this issue deserves attention. It’s very disappointing that Blizzard has not fixed it yet.

1 Like

If blizzard didn’t pull hanamura when garrosh could LITERALLY THROW THE CART OFF THE TRACK I doubt they’ll do anything about this other than fix the bug “eventually”

Yes, i meet all the system requirements. I dont know what more can we do. Do moderators even read this forum?

You can play HOTS on a Mac?

Bumping this forum until a developer or moderator of the forum gives a reasonable answer.