Blizzard launcher causing Network Card to Crash

So I’ve tested this out repeatedly trying to figure out whats going on, but I’ve downloaded the most recent patch, was able to ‘try’ deathwing the other day so I know I have the latest update. But I restarted my computer after getting a new monitor for the holidays, horray.

But now HotS likes to think I need an update… again just like 2-3 days after a patch. It goes to attempt the download, shows the fetching verbagem and then gives me the now downloading, 140kb out of 0.0mb or whatever, immediately when it gets to this point and tries to reach out, it immediately bombs the network card. Wifi is still working on every other device. All websites, other launchers like Epic and Origin work before attempting this, can play all my other games.

But unfortunately I actually like playing HotS and it just likes to create errors that make me unable to play it… more frequently then I’d like.

I saw other posts stating that closing the launcher and brings the internet back, going into task manager and closing all Blizzard related tasks does not bring card or internet activity back. Troubleshooting or diagnosing the card just stalls out, the only way to get things back working is restarting the computer.

1 Like

HereticCRU,

Various things can cause an issue like this so I’ll give you a few things you can try and we’ll go from there.

First, let’s try clearing your Battle.net cache and files.

Delete Battle.Net Cache Folder

Delete Battle.Net Files

After that, try Heroes again and see if it will launch.

If you are still having issues, please try the following, one a time:

Closing Background Applications

Updating Your Drivers

Power Cycling Your Network Devices

If you continue to have issues, please post a DxDiag.

Obtaining System Files

So out of this, I feel I’ve pretty much tried everything.

I narrowed it down solely to it being a Bnet Launcher issue, which I dont see a specific forum for, if you know of one please redirect me.

I had completely deleted heros and the bnet launcher, and deleted and related files on my computer (cache and files, and TEMP folder) then reset my computer. This allowed me to play 1 time, I played when the install bar got to optimal, for a little bit to check out the new monitor difference. Very happy there.

I then backed out after I was done to let the game finish to a full download. Unpaused the download, and it would not start up, unpausing it caused the same issue and shut my network down again and killing the internet to the computer. No other applications were running as I’m trying to fix this specific issue, drivers are up to date. I will attempt to power cycle router, and try again (don’t feel this will fix it but I’m eliminating all suggestions.)

EDIT::::
Reset the router and computer in the matter provided, went to continue to download game, fails to start load, shuts off internet useage. For the DxDiag as I want to do thing in the matter that YOU want them done just to eliminate extra work and miscommunication do you want me to perform this before or after I get the network to tank.

this is where you are looking for