Balance Patch Wishes/Expectations

If i´m counting right, there should be one this Wednesday; what do you expect from it or (unrealistically) wish would happen?

Unrealistic Wishes

• Whitemane rework undone
  • Tyrande rework undone
  • GoT rework undone, or at least amended

Somewhat more realistic wishes

• Cassia´s ‘Inner Light’ going back to old functionality
  • Brightwings ‘Greater Polymorph’ going back to previous functionality, the resets were nice
  • Ana´s Grenade talents getting moved around and made more interesting. They are balnd and can´t compete against E or Trait talents.
  • Lunara´s ‘Natural Perspective’ getting changed or receiving additional functionality. Why ever pick it over Wisp unless you are on a map without bushes? (Of which there are very few).

Expectations

• Cassia getting small nerfs or shifts as many claim her to be too strong

As the bot killed racing against each other to post notes, i´ll probably switch to this type of thread on patch days :open_mouth:

8 Likes

I wish they did something to grenade build again. Either making sleep build less dominating or just a small buff to the lvl 1 and 4 talents

Rexxar lvl 4 look (I mean why take block when you have better lvl 4 talents)
Imp and yrell small nerfs

I´d prefer them move some grenade talents up to compete against Healing Dart again, it´s boring without the tension.

Also buff the talents with functionality changes, 2 of them got really boring with the rework. Sleep talents as such are fine to me and it would be bad if the nerfed them.

4 Likes

Imperius nerfed like cassia and tassadar last patch.
Raynor valla cassia and tassadar nerfed like nova.
The bottom of the barrel tanks buffed.
Anything that is not illidan gets its mobility nerfed.

1 Like

I hope for a Dehaka buff.

What can I say? I’m biased.
I don’t really think Dehaka has reached that point of Leoric in which all of his talents feel good and have practical use everywhere.

2 Likes

I was hoping for a rework patch, as last time we got balance. But yeah, the patch rate keeps getting slower and slower. Wonder if we will even manage to get 1 more hero this year x(
Otherwise, I don’t expect much from a balance patch. There aren’t many OP/UP heroes at this time. Perhaps Imperius level 20 talent can be nerfed.
And I’m still hoping for them to increase globe pull range by 2.

1 Like

I’d love the old GoT. Just make the fight over seed more brawl-like, not like it was originally. A.k.a. let the seeds spawn only on one side instead of both and then double so often.

As for Tyrande, I think she needs an AA build, similar like Khara has. It will lessen her healing output, but it should be made viable.

As for realistic changes:

• Cassia’s Surge of Light getting either a cooldown or nerf back to what it was before (dealing 210 damage, changed to 300, nerfed to 285). I think 250 would be nice middle ground, that talent has still 80+% pickrate

• Slight Xul nerf, he is still overperforming. Lessen his AA damage probably or somehow nerf W a bit.

• Slight buffs on low winrate heroes, like Genji, Dehaka, Zerat

• Finally rework D.VA

Sleep darts are both a source of wonder and annoyance to me. Ive played ana alot recently to practice it and understand why its one of the best builds. Getting a good ana on enemy team is so freaking annoying because she’s always landing the sleep darts. At the same time its such a difficult skillshot you cannot blame anyone but yourself for being hit by it.

4 Likes

I have games where I hit every sleep dart and I have ones where I just miss a lot Its very anoying but rewarding ^^

3 Likes

The last AMA mentioned some planned changes for Uther, right? In any case, I don’t think the patch is happening til next week.

1 Like

Can only agree here; and the best part is you are also flexible with it in a lot of ways like choosing between the 10% HP or spellpoer-debuff depending on enemy comp.

Grenade in comparison is also impactful due to the healing negation, but it´s talents are so very, very boring and inflexible compared to Sleep Dart.

I have a feeling that it’ll be next week, but I would like

• Tyrael’s trait changed, or add a benefit while alive, like Uther and Leoric
  • Buff Anub so that he isn’t completely helpless against AA heroes
  • Uther’s mana cost and cooldown reduced. Either that or allow his AA to heal without talent, and/or apply 25 armor from his trait to lowest health hero nearby. Right now he feels useless when he is out of his long cooldowns
1 Like

My expectations are fairly low atm:

• Lunara dodges

• Alextrasza dodges

• Every other heros that i rarely play gets some minor changes

• All of the heroes i never play gets buffed to oblivion

:smiley:

1 Like

Better than a hero you do play getting changed so that you do not play it anymore :open_mouth:

4 Likes

As said from Daybringer:

That said our next balance patch is currently slated to hit the week of August 10th

Unrealistic Wishes

• Fix Samuro hearth swap

• Misha worth 0.5 death

Expectations

• Cassia SoL dmg down to 250

• Orphea Ancestral Strength bonus dmg reduced from 20% to 10%

• Tracer Pulse Generator healing reduced from 25% to 20%

• Xul Skeletal Warriors dmg explosion reduced from 40 to 30

• TLV Spin To Win! bonus dmg to heroes reduced from 100% to 80%

• Mei talent tier 1 and 4.

• Imperius talent tier 7

• Genji aa buff by 5%

As for the D.Va rework, I’m really not sure if it will need a PTR test. The next anomaly will only come at the start of the next season.

2 Likes

You forgot “One of my favorite heroes gets nerfed into oblivion”.

3 Likes

Nerf to Brand of Solarium. Busted as … with trait build.
More Cassia nerfs.
Properly more Xul nerfs

Schedules are luckily not set in stone, maybe they finished early and we get it today :slight_smile:

Imperius in general Nerfed, Cassia nerf her trait, return it as it was before (only anti-attack armor, Not magic), as for Surge of Light change it completely, give it cooldown or eliminate it.
Xul W Build nerf. Mei Avalanche slight changes and increase the cooldown.

1 Like

Hello AnimRideBike how are you? uwu.

Tracer buffs uwu.
Brightwing Buffs uwu.

1 Like