Authentication Crash

game crashes upon authentication in game than says installation damaged. I have scan and repaired, updated drivers, and restarted my pc all to no avail.

ty.

Hey, Drinktheevil! It sounds like you’re running into the “Files in your Installation are Damaged” crashes. This is caused by OneDrive being enabled. You’ll want to desync the Documents folder from the OneDrive folder.

Do not uninstall OneDrive, this will not fix the issue.

If you’re running into a different issue, could you provide the crash report and DxDiag file? Copy and paste the text file created and paste it between two ~~~ like so:

~~~
DxDiag Here
~~~

If you have issues pasting here, use Pastebin and post the end of the link. (ie. 123456 for pastebin.com/123456)

ya the one drive issue, i did uninstall the onedrive and i still had issues and i just searched for onedrive files and randomly started deleting ones that werent in sys32 lol so uh eventually the game worked again. EDIT i had already uninstalled and done this before your reply @caterpepi Edit 2 i reinstalled onedrive, and went to documents and unchecked the Hots folder so hopefully it will be fine now.

1 Like

Hey, Drinktheevil! I wanted to check up with you, did you have any luck after reinstalling and disabling the sync to the documents?

I’m having troubles to disabling the sync to the documents folder