As if Zul'jin wasn't already a menace in brawls

You do not gain additional stacks from the Level 20 talent’s secondary AA hits.

3 Likes

What would you say if he could stack up to 5 times (or more if TLV/rexxar) in one auto attack if the enemy positions poorly? 1 attack damage per AA if the enemy positions poorly. You’d still be giving up Amani Resilience

What are you asking? I’m not on the new talent is OP bandwagon or anything.

I added more to the talent

The bounce range is 5

This was true while they added unique game modes like pool party, rocket ride, arenas etc. Today it’s Aram. Nothing else. They could just add it as a normal Aram game mode, put all the one lane maps on rotation and let the people jump it just like in QM. It has absolutely nothing to do with the initial idea of the “arena” brawls. Remember when they had a winter version of Cursed Hollow with Snowballs and stuff? That was goof, not the Aram maps.

It is ARAM, come on.

So, overall…

1: Only 1 single bounce.
2: Bounce range is less then 5.
3: As stated, bounce is based off the base damage of the hit. Grevious Throw does not increase the damage of the bounce, whether it’s on the origin target or the bounce target
4: The bounce DOES benefit from AA lifesteal when you can get it from someone else. I think Mal’Ganis is the only source of AA lifesteal now?

In Brawls I can land Guillotine consistently enough that Buzzsaw is still better with Mage’jin build. This new talent doesn’t really fit in.

And if you pick Taz’dingo, there is never a good reason not to pick Amani Resilience.

Rehgar’s Bloodlust, too.

ARAM will always be a mode to goof off and have fun as long as it’s not standard gameplay. But ignoring that, we already had a dev address this, incidentally

It’s not. You can see from these pictures below that it is clearly less than 4 range. In try mode the triplet chaos dolls have roughly range of 4 from left to right and 3 from sides to middle. It chains from side to middle but not from side to side. So the chain is roughly 3 range or at least in that ballpark. When compared to other level 20 AA modifiers in the game this is definitely among the worst. Even more so when you consider ZJ is all about single target damage. You are never going to pick this talent over Tazzdingo upgrade without giving it significant buffs or nerfing ult upgrade to the ground. Heck I would pick even forest medicine over this and I consider that talent borderline trash.

https://imgur.com/a/2zZeSLW
1 Like

The only real way to test this is get two friends to stand at different distances, or force the HOTS devs to be more apparent in their game data. Heck, a lot of the game data on distances and cast times are gathered by the players and posted onto the HOTS wiki, not with the help of the devs

On another note, you can support my proposal for a buff to that talent

If this is true then its not a good talent.
A) If the bounce was equal to Zul’s range
or
B) it would bounce twice
or
C) if the damage was based on damage dealt, not base damage
or
D) if it would stack his passive
or
E) any combination from the above

Then it would be good talent.
If it works as you write and as others noted that it doesnt stack his passive, then its quite bad

What about multiple of above? I think bounce range can be nerfed to 3 range, but bounce infinitely as long as there is a target (can only hit each target once per basic attack), and stacks his passive.

If yes, then support my thread or give suggestions on what you’d change

I forgot to say that but correct, it doesn’t give him stacks for secondary hits. I don’t really care about that tho. Game is usually decided within 1-2 fights after you get it so it wouldn’t add much. And if you still don’t have your 150 stacks by level 20 you shouldn’t be playing the hero in the first place.

It’d still be nice to get any scaling possible. Any non-lopsided game that goes on long as in 25+ mins long, any scaling helps

Infinitely would be broken.
But something like bounce twice, like Tassadar has could be ok.
Or if bounce more, then each bounce does 25-50% less damage than the previous bounce.

They should, its a 20 level talent that does more or less nothing serious, so making Zul stack faster would be something that players could pick.
The way the talent is now, why would you take it over Amani or ultimate upgrades?

And of course those few damage he gets maybe don’t change that much, but maybe not getting 20 stacks but 40 can be exactly the thing which could turn that one team fight.

Aram is still just a mode to goof off in, wins and losses mean nothing.

It absolutely is not 5. Going into try mode you can see it’s 2.5-3 at best. I know the hots wiki says it’s 5 but it’s clearly not.

Which means it’s scheduled for the talent to get buffed in non-range ways. If it’s 3 range, needs a huge buff