Anyone else playing Pokemon Unite?

Actually having a lot of fun with it lmao. If you are playing it, who do you main? (I main Machoke) If not, please tell me why I’m a piece of [CENSORCED]

1 Like

I tried it for a bit but I just couldn’t get in to it personally. Glad your having fum tho c:

Don’t have switch, gonna try it out once mobile comes out

It did. You can play it on mobile.

1 Like

Meh if it’s for you, it’s the game for you

I gave it a try. Felt like playing Blackheart’s bay map…in an infinite loop.
So i gave up, not worth for me after a while.

1 Like

I dont have a Switch so I dont play it and I would not even do it if I had one. Would rather play MHW Rise then.

Why not? Sure it’s a simplified moba and not comparable to Hots, but it’s not a bad game to me. :stuck_out_tongue:

Can you explain this a bit in more detail how Pokemon Unite felt like BHB?

I took my little brother to cinemas to see the movie over 20 years ago? And that was enough for me in regards of Pokemons. They seem pretty memetic tho

Yeah, i wasn’t 100% accurate on that part, i need to adjust what i ment by that sry.
Playing Pokemon unite felt like playing that Blackheart’s bay map Brawl from one of the Halloween events a few years ago.

• Lasted 8-10 mins
  • Collect coins
  • Deliver coins to deposit site
  • Team who collected 100 coin first Won.

Pokemon Unite is kinda same.

• match last 10 min
  • collect things
  • deliver things to deposit site
  • teams who collected more things WIN
2 Likes

If you oversimplify it like this, then you could also say the same about TotSQ or ToD, because the team that “collects” or “captures” more stuff will usually win. But why do you exclude teamfights? I mean you can still defend your baskets, where enemys throws their collected balls. The only thing that might be frustrating is Zapdos objective, who kills this boss can turn around the game within the last minutes, even though they were struggling the early and mid game.

Sounds like a broken boss.

no

It is pretty powerful indeed, but this boss is basically the comeback mechanic of the game, if your team isn’t headless and pays attention to what enemys do, you could prevent the enemys from doing it or steal it. The map isn’t big at all and rotations should be key. Pokemon Unite is far more comparable to Hots in terms of fast gameplay and teamfights than LoL or Dota 2. Especially there are no items to farm, but talents, even though there is no exp shared system, but it’s still more like Hots.

I did, but there are too many bots. Or the match maker is just that terrible.

Had a game in damned Master rank where I did 50% of my team’s damage and had 20 kills as SLOWBRO, because the enemy team was mindlessly running into me.
Of course this is after repeated losses because my allies played like that previously.

Some teams actually know that you pretty much should never fight Zapdos, especially if you’re ahead. You just prevent the enemy team from taking it.
I’d say more problematic than the power of Zapdos is the absolute lack of incentive to turn in at earlier parts of the game.
Because turn in times take longer the more points you have, and spawn times are quite low and there’s a catapult in the main base that not only sends them directly to their keep equivalent, but interrupts your turn in.
I’ve seen many games where the team that took Zapdos lost, because the other team was far enough ahead, or because they turned in while the other team was taking advantage of Zapdos’ power, but it’s not easy enough.
There have been a few too many games where the team that was utterly bullied somehow turned the game around at the last second, just because Zapdos kill not only disables goals making it near impossible to stop the enemy team from scoring, but also hands them 260 points worth of scoring potential (20 per team mate, 30 more for the one who finishes Zapdos, and all scoring doubled in the last 2 minutes) on top of spawn times end game taking like 40 seconds (when double score only lasts 2 minutes, and the entire match only lasts 10)
When the first set of goals break after scoring a certain amount, and it becomes harder to score, the team that is winning literally needs to block the opposing team in their base and repeatedly spawn kill them in order to truly make the game unwinnable for them, and that’s a bit much. A lead should be a lead, comeback mechanics shouldn’t be that strong.

It’s also a pain that it’s minorly pay to win.
I managed to eventually get a set of items to 20 by just playing.
Items max at 30, but every 10 levels on your set is like a full level advantage at the start of the match, and some people just payed to level them up from the start.

And then they’ve also had absolutely unforgivable bugs going for a long time.
Like the sleeps caused by Wigglytuff and Snorlax not being interrupted by damage.
They’ve FINALLY fixed that, but I had already stopped playing by then.

It’s just really hard to carry bad teams, even more than in Heroes, and you’re more likely to get them, because the game apparently literally fills the match with bots to make sure matches start immediately.
There shouldn’t be bots in ranked games.

If you take the game any seriously, it’s frustrating as all hell.
It’s a neat idea, but there are some big changes I wish they’d make.

There kind of is.
I had someone afk for the first 5 minutes of the match, they reached like level 6. Granted the rest of the team was at like 10, but there’s obviously something.
Also if you’re near a pokemon an ally defeats you get some of the experience, that’s why EXP Share works as an item.
And Dreadnaw gives experience to the whole team, which is why people frequently blindly suicide into it like a bunch of morons.

2 Likes

That’s my biggest and only concern about Pokemon Unite. Why would they add a soft p2w aspect to a competitive game like this.

Oh true, so it’s even more in line with Hots compared to Dota2/LoL

This hero feels busted af, it’s like Mal’ganis on steriods. For a support hero it deals a good amount of damage and the cc is on a low cooldown.

Guess master rank is the new bronze 5 :goat:

4 Likes

Remember when HOTS first started? There were so many people at rank 1 who never got beyond Gold or Platinum in later season and sometimes lower than that. It might be the ranks just settling as it’s a new game.

I haven’t play PU, I would be interested if someone could compare how important/difficult macro and micro is in Poke, compared to HOTS and other MOBA’s.

2 Likes

Also the old trick in TL where people would que up on a B5 account and have one master player on thier boosting them all to master. I still find people who has unusual high climb while being lifelong silver in HL.

And worst of it many of those accounts are still in master when they 100% belong in silver.

1 Like

Actually not at all, because there is almost no macro games, except some boss camps that needs defense, but other than that it’s all about pvp. You have to imagine there are no waves to clear, but you get single minions standing there through over the map, including the jungle and this minion/boss camps and hero kills are the only way to get exp/talents.

Edit: That means the fights in PU should goes around this minion camps and hero, because it’s also the source for the pokeballs, which are needed for scoring points and destroying enemy keeps, which are basically fountains, which heals enemys and are used as baskets like in basketball.

1 Like