Anub'Arak rework//My wish and My Idea

I think that Anub’Arak has shortcomings in terms of the amount of damage and stability done to the enemy, as well as resistance in battles compared to other heroes.

I’m reviewing and making a new edition and working on him to make him more strong. I’m also looking to expand his performance in the game so that he is no longer just used to deal with Mages. Also I will also improve his previous build as buff.

Base

Maximum Health is increased from 2185 to 2595.
Health Regeneation is increased from 4.73 to 5.36.
Basic Attack Damage is increased from 84.2 to 100.5

Basic Abilities

Q)Impale: Damage is increased from 94 to 115.

W)Harden Carapace: is removed.

New Ability:Spiked Carapance

Active it to return 25% of the enemy’s physical damage for 2.5 seconds.(12 second cooldown and 60 mana cost)

E)Burrowed Charge: damage on impact area is increased from 95 to 122.

Trait)Sacarab Host

Additional Function:Using an ability also grant Anub’arak 25 spell armor for 2 seconds.

Talents

Level1 Tier

Regeneration Master :reduce number of gathering regeneration globe from 30 to 20.
New reward:Increase spell armor bounce of Trait from 25 to 40.

Nerubian Armor: Anub’arak always return 10% of enemies physical and spell damage them.

Legions of Beetle: Reduce cooldown from 12 seconds to 10 seconds.

Level4 Tier

Shed Exoskeleton: Casting Spiked Carapance increse Anub’arak movement speed 25% for 2 seconds.

Level7 Tier

Chitinous Plating
New Function: For each enemy heroes that get return damage of Spiked Carapance,Spiked Caparance mana cost is refeuse by 12 and also its cooldown is reduced by 1 second up to 5 seconds.

Subterranean Shield: is removed.
New Function: For each enemy heroes are hitted with Impact area of Burrow Charge,a beetle is spawned on this location.

Leaching Sacarab: is moved on level 4 talents.
New talent:Bed of Barbs is moved on level 7 Talents.
periodic damage is increased from 21 to 30.

Level13 Tier

Additional Talent: burrowed charge now deal 116 damage on enemies who are in its path.

Urticating Spine is removed.

New talent:Increase Spiked Carapas duration from 2.5 seconds to 3 seconds and also increase return damage amount of Spiked Carapas from 25% to 30%.

level 16 Talents

New Talent: Subterranean Shield Casting Burrowed Charge,grant Anub’Arak 648 shield point for 4 seconds.

Eplcenter and Debilltation are removed.
New Talent :Reduce cooldown of Burrowed charge by 3 seconds and increase its impact area by 60%,hit enemy hero with Impact area of burrowed charge,reduce his spell power by 50% for 5 seconds.

Level20 Tier

Hardend Shield is Edited.
New Funtion. Active it remove all negative effect such as slow,stun or root from Anub’Arak and also grant him 50 armor for 3 second,take 50% less damage.

2 Likes

He’s a tank.

He’s meant to be disruptive, not damaging.

Besides, Anub has more damage than say, Tyrael

2 Likes

are you sure? I dont think he has good damage,Tyrael players make awesome when they are going to play with its bruiser system (damage), he is compared even with Illidan,I see from ther player even 150k hero damage dealt during a match.
but Anub’arak is clearly annoy of damage done especial his basic attack and his basic ability,you mention more on his periodic damage cause of beetle and burining rage and his ultimate,but they are more defined on push and aoe damage,although it is low amount in my oppinion.

and in continue separate of that idea,his stability as a tank is some weak and need buff on this part also.

2 Likes

First of all, comparing aspects of different heroes can be kinda tough, as they usually have some versatility in their talents. As a base Anub has a very low health pool for a tank, but with his Hardened Carapace he can sustain himself to an extend. He is meant to be a mage-killer, or at least be able to disable enemies, be it a single hero or a small group. This might leave him as an easy target for a sustained damage dealer, but he excels when up agains a team heavy on mages. With the right talents he can also pack quite a punch.

Also, you shouldn’t compare the damage of Tyrael and Illidan. As a tank Tyrael usually have a position closer to the enemy, meaning that he has a better chance of poking every once in a while. Illidan on the other hand relies more on spotting openings and finishing of enemies. Though their stats say that thay have done the same amount of damage, the damage done by assassins is usually more impactful.

2 Likes

I think why Anub’arak should has few maximum health that it will be compensated with shield of Hardened Carapace? does can use this shield every time that want to compensated this maximum health? are mages like as Li Ming or Kael’thas are not good damage dealer that can kill Anub’arak easily? (sure I know this spell armor is a nice tool that can be use in another way).

we know that most of fights in Hots have short times and in this way when he can have a come back on match? with a nice mobility or stun? if we grant him some damage, we can use him in more situations and phases.

one of my main reason for a suggest for rework on Anub’arak is it, he is not only be used against mages and we see now he can not do it well with his current situation. (build, kit) and he need some buff…

in regard of Tyrael and Illidan I should say that I can not accept your idea, because both Illidan and Tyrael has similar build especial in basic abilities and most of talents, they have a similar structure but, their Difference are more on numbers that developer define for them, like as Number for basic attack damage, health, basic abilities damage, they have more difference on these numbers, and while person as a editor change this number, we will see their can stand replace together and ever change their role such degree.

I understand what you said about difference between them but I’d like to have a more deep view on those heroes, I’d like to have a imagine like as Theorist on them for improving their situation not only discussion ( I don’t mention that you only do discussion).

4 Likes