Anduin - REWORK

Hi all,

as main Anduin, having reached over lvl 200 with, I feel I could comment on the rework.

1. Why do you announce radical changes in rework and finally do not even stick to them?
    In the official patch announcement, the BA heal (pursuit by grace) should have been 44/BA. Why is it on the very first day just 26?

2. You completely removed any burst healing from Anduin. If you play more competitive, holy word is unplayable. β€œQ” with 0,75 sec cast time and for the desperate prayer see below.

3. Desperate prayer was (consensualy) a bad talent already at lvl 20, but still rarely pickable as a last resort healing option. But just because it healed such a big amount that it could keep someone from dying. The only reason to compensate the immense drawback of standing still for 2 seconds risking own death. Now it heals once for every 40 seconds for 360 (lvl 1) with the same deadly drawback ( while β€œq” for 270, e.g. 30% more!) With lovering the healing amount, the talent is just useless.

4. Basic attacks heal for 26 at lvl 1 and 56 at lvl 20? Seriously? This is why I have to expose myself? When originally, pursued by grace (on lvl 1) was considered a weak talent while healing 35 per basic attack? The reworked output is lower even if I consider higher attack speed (20%). Leaving aside the missing synergy with dots of Varian legacy…

5. Power word: shield (I). A good idea. But has NO synergy with β€œW” talent. Till now a good Anduin player tried to hit as many opponents with every divine star and on the way back position himself to hit as many teammates as possible to maximize the healing output and reduce the cooldown. New functionality requires hitting teammates already on the way there to bring some effect. I argue it will be possible to hit teammates and enemies simultaneously on the way there (maybe in bronze so) which means you trade instant shield for mass healing and vice versa. Means in end effect, there will be eventually no added value in this talent.

6. Power word: shiled (II): Much more important, initially, it is a talent which protects Anduin himself in the first place. Or better to say, it used to be. Before the rework, it provided Anduin with a shield immediately after being cast. Now it grants a the same shield only WHEN ENEMY IS HIT. Means, ONLY when anyone IS HIT and a SECOND LATER. Means finally, this talent is all in all much weaker than it used to be.

Summary:
By prolonging the cooldown of both abilities, removing lvl 16 inner focus and changing other talents as above described (effectively nerfing them) you:

1. removed all burst healing,
  2. decreased the total healing output of Anduin by 20% (my estimation),

you nerfed Anduin significantly. Is it what you struggled to do?

2 Likes