AMA Leoric, level 100

I finally joined the level 100 club with Leoric today and now I think I am ready to make an AMA about him too. :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

why do leoric players die alot?

FRESH TRAIT VALUE

7 Likes

Because as Leoric you’re technically not really dead and even as ghost you can be useful to your team. Giving vision and slowing enemys. Though my general death count as Leoric is most of the time 1-2 death, only when I am solo tanking it tends to be much higher. So it might be the same problem as with Murky, both heroes technically benefit to die often (lower death timer), but they have also the best survival kit in the game; that means people can’t find the middle ground between life and death and end up feeding. :joy:

Tl’dr: This. :point_down:

When do you pick his swing ult.

If enemys have too much burst and I have the feeling I have to tank as Leoric or when I go full on W build. :smiley:

Do you pick Leoric into Murky?

What things do you consider when deciding on talents from 1-7?

Depends on the whole comp. I wouldn’t consider Leoric for Murky alone, because Murky can easy stack on Leoric, if he goes Q-build. :joy:

Talent tier 1. Consume Vitality: I consider this talent, when I know that there will be a lot teamfights and I can get at least 3+ targets otherwise I just stick Ossein Renewal my overall go to at 1. Fealthy unto Death is probably my least picked talent, because it’s too conditional and only on Braxis it might be worth it, but on the other hand, you also have more globes on Braxis so OR isn’t a bad choice either.

Tier 2: Paralysing Rage or Kneel Peasants are my go to choices, it’s just depends I need more makro and better camp clear then I take KP, but otherwise I prefer PR, because the 60% slow is just too good to miss and the wider range from Ghastly Reach sounds nice on paper, but usually it’s just overkill and I don’t need it.

Tier 3: My go to talent is Drain Momentum, because the extra movement speed while slowing others with Paralzying Rage is just bonkers and enemys will have a hard time to escape you, except they use their abilitys. But if enemys are mostly ranges I also like Hopelessness and compared to Ghastly Reach the extra range for your drain can be powerful, especially if I go assassine/w build with Burning Despair or Death March.

But most of the time my build is:

1: Ossein Renewal
2: Paralysing Rage
3: Drain Momentum
4: Entomb
5: Spectral Leech
6: Mythril Mace or Crushing Hope
7: Buried Alive.

1 Like

What’s your favourite Leo quote?

Do you ever use the self protect talent at lvl 20 ?

To be honest no, I don’t, because Buried Alive or Burning Despair is just too good to miss, even tho I can imagine it’s a powerful talent to have an ‘protected’ on demand, but in my games it’s just overkill and not required. It might be even contradictive to how Leoric works. The 3 extra seconds being protected can surely help you to survive an incredible amount of burst, but when is it worth to give up the other talents for it? Only in one scenario, when enemys have a lot of burst and you already have great amount of cc and damage so you don’t need it… but that’s rather unlikely. So I rather sacrefice myself for the team with dealing a lot of damage or trap some heroes in entomb than to survive for some extra seconds, because even when I am dead I am still here for my team due to my trait.

His response to one other hero:

I like this philosopical responses to others. One example is here to Johanna:

I am always on the side of right! If only the same could be said about my allies.

Well the english version isn’t a question tho… I like the german version, where he response in a question more.

There are days when you don’t mind losing as much :slight_smile:

SILENCE!

2 Likes

Do you never go anything else than Buried Alive?

Yep. I found March to only delay the inevitable. Securing kills with entomb helps my team more than giving myself health. For another hero, the unstoppable would be valuable, but Leo has it on demand already.

Plus, good players will walk towards you during March instead of walking away, so you only get health from the first swing, then you get stabbed in the back. Having no control of my hero for almost 4 seconds is also a deal breaker for me.

There is a w build specific to March. But it requires you to wait 20 levels to actually get value. And still only if you hit multiple targets. Until you hit 20, you’re a lvl 4 hero everytime you fail to land a W. And since only the final swing applies your W, it’s pretty easy to deny.

But that’s just my own experience. I’ve seen players pick “Burning Despair” and do decently with it.

1 Like

Tho sometimes, when enemys have too much cc wombo combo (Gazlowe/DW, Mei/Diablo), then entomb can be critical before 20 or even Orphea on the enemy team.

Yes. Burning Despair is a carry-build, if you mean you need more damage than cc. It’s also nice, because you get 40 armor, which makes you like old Destroyer DW.

1 Like

Congratulations! We will be waiting for U in our level 999 club with impatience :slight_smile:

1 Like

Now I need to get my Leo to lvl 100 too.

I will never reach it, because I just play too many heroes. :joy:

56 is a nice number, I’m surprised how his strongly his wave clear potential outweighs the disadvantage of being forced to play against slippery and ranged attacking weasels most of the time.