AMA Leoric, level 100

I gotta get my Probius to level 100 so I can do an AMA, currently the little guy is pushing 60.

As far as Leoric stuff goes, what’s the best way to support Leoric during a game? I tend to get them on my team often in QM.

Leo into a team full of range heroes with mobility I hate the most

1 Like

One of Leorics big weaknesses is camp clear and the best way to help your solo laner is to assist him when doing camps or pick heroes who can do this task for him. Leo on his own is very slow at doing camps even when he takes Kneel Peasant at 4. It’s only somewhat decent at 16 when he takes Mithril Mace and got his quest done but that’s already late.

Yeah it is indeed painful and it’s probably the only reason where I pick Ghastly Reach (4) and Hopelessness (7) to make it less painful, but it still sucks. :joy:

3 Likes

Glad this thread is getting more traction, Leo is such a solid hero so it’s good to see some Q&A with a level 100 player.

First congrats!

Second who’s your worst counter and best countet

I can’t decide between:

“Heroes? (scoffs) You mean those vagabonds who illegally enter my home, smash my jar collection, bring me to life just to kill me again, and then leave white items all over my floor? Oh yes, how very heroic”

Or

“The leg bone’s connected to the thigh bone. The thigh bone’s connected to the rib bone. The rib bone’s connected to the shoulder bone… I’m starting to regret taking these apart”

1 Like

Why are you proud for playing an overpowered, easy hero?

QueenBW literally said the worst for Leo, it’s mobile ranged heroes.

But Leoric loves obviously slower heroes like Imperius or Azmodan, who have to go in melee range to be effective, but that’s where leo shines.

How do you know? Did you play Leoric and went master already, if he is overpowered and easy?

What builds do you go, and when do you go one over the other?

Is it wrong to AH a Leoric?

Who need a normal comp when you can have 3 Leos push all the way to core and win.

3 Likes

the saltiest blaze of all time

Also a reason why Leo were removed from ARAM. The tactic is annoying to the team who has to defend againts it and thier own teammates would report them for feeding for not playing normally.

Sure 3 Leos can make this work in ARAM but in a normal game one Leo would just waste his time trying to do the same.

And for the Blaze. I think he just dont understand the power of this tactic. He would rather have them play normally then dead push lanes cause he are affraid he will end up losing. But even tho he might be salty I get what he is saying.

well and honestly, 100% the blue team lost because they were paying attention to Leo. Just ignore the 3 feeders, and push the 5v2 advantage. You 5 can do a lot more damage than 3 perma dead Leos can.

1 Like

Actually winning 3 vs 5 lol.

I’m not 100% confident you’re wrong, but I’m 95% confident. I think you’re forgetting about reduced respawn timers and lack of having to return to the spawn point. Literally all the three Leos have to do is keep hitting three structures until they’re gone. They come back super fast in ARAM. The enemy team would have to take out 2 walls, 4 towers, and 3 structures (that are still being defended by two players). I don’t think that race works out in a 5 push’s favor. I basically view structural defences as equivalent to one player, so it’d basically be a 5v3 while the three Leos push vs a much smaller number of structures. I don’t think the math works out (and of course, if the 2/3 defenders manage to kill any of the 5, that’s a long respawn and rejoin the fight time that would also have to pass by the three Leos.

In short, I think you’re underestimating how strong that tactic can be.

Yes, but, they still have the same death timer as everyone else as long as the 5 stack ignores them. 3 Leorics who are (essentially) taking turns dead can only do MAYBE 500 DPS per second as long as their alive, where as a five stack can do far more than that espicially with a good mage or two.