Am I the only one who doesn't like these new forums?

The new forums are just too uncomfortable. You type your thread in a pop-up of all things, and for some reason, you can’t even dislike. How are we supposed to express that we simply don’t like something without straight-up hitting reply, and just typing “I disagree”? I don’t know who designed this, but I personally don’t like the look of it, and removing down-thumbs just isn’t good design for a forum, and isn’t even good at removing “toxicity” which blizzard seems to be more often taking poorly-planned measures against. At this point, I’m just going to permanently move to the subreddit and never set foot here again. They seem to care about it more than this place anyways.

73 Likes

You don’t, it’s vastly more useful to the poster and the dev team reading the forums if you actually voiced why you disagree with a topic or post rather than just clicking a button.

If you still want to click a button, simply find a contrary post that you happen to agree with and hit the like button.

30 Likes

The forums were not designed by blizzard- Rarely do companies make their own forum tools, and instead use pre-existing templates.

The current toolset were on is called discourse- easily one of the absolute best forums tools youll find out there, period.

The guys behind discourse intentionally dont have downvotes, because its not conductive to the atmosphere they want. If you dislike something- They want you to explain why, and further the conversation.

yes yes, i know “well why can you still upvote! that doesnt add anything either!!”

because upvotes are an inherently positive thing- But more so, what youre agreeing with, and why, is often apparent.

When you disagree however, and you only do with with a little red button- Its far less so.

You can hit that red button purely because you dislike that user, or dont like their opinion. Maybe what they said is factually wrong.

We dont know.

The devs behind discourse dont care. You want to express a dislike for something? They want you to put on your grown up pants, and have a discussion on why. We can agree or disagree with their logic all wed like- at the end of the day, thats how it is, thats why it is, and its not changing.

Bon voyage downvotes.

8 Likes

I miss the downvote button but Drothvader makes a valid point. Resorting to only downvoting to “voice” displeasure brings nothing useful to discussion.

In terms of the new forum layout and functionality, I love it. Having a pop-up box allows me type while viewing other posts is very nice. What we can actually post has improved like images and links and we have emojis!

7 Likes

:-1::-1::-1::-1:

The new downvote!

20 Likes

No you aren’t.

1 Like

Yea they are not only user unfriendly but they removed all of the players with silence penalties.

4 Likes

And you know what? We have limited likes here.
Lol. :joy:

3 Likes

Just reached my like limit lol.

1 Like

Was actually a bit surprised to find that the forums were moved and changed. I actually miss the old one haha but this forum doesn’t look so bad either. Let me just get used to the layout and I’m all good :wink:

1 Like

There are always gonna be people who dislike something. But I will admit this forum is gonna take some getting used to.

2 Likes

Yeah the format is just as bad as reddit. All of their threads become jumbled and incoherent in their system. Navigating through reddit is an atrocity upon mankind.

But at least here, there is a timeline available and the forums are not cascading text across the entire screen like reddit, that much is an improvement.

Wouldn’t be surprised if reddit ended up supplying the backend.

5 Likes

I’m not crazy about the new forum format but it could be worse. The thumbs down thing is w/e for me. Something about the layout makes me anxious.

2 Likes

Yeah they just don’t look good, not sure if it’s just because I’m not familiar with it yet but it’s somewhat confusing as well. I didn’t like it when they changed the OW forum to this layout and I was hoping they didn’t switch the rest of the Blizz forums over as well. The old forum was by no means perfect, but it had a more simple design most people were comfortable with.

3 Likes

Meh, its not that bad, getting used to it. Quoting is easier now.

Also seems less buggy, so far.

1 Like

I miss the dislike as well, but at the same time, we had those trolls who abused it as well.

Regardless, we shall adapt.

1 Like

The format for these forums is kinda posh.

But I dont like them for other reasons.

1. When blizz moved to these forums. everybody’s account became “new”. so for the next 24 hours I can only create 3 topics. Really? I’m not a “new user”.
  2. Titles have to be greater than 15 characters so… “Blaze OP?” is not a valid title.
  3. If you are managing a thread. you cannot reply to multiple posts at once.

WTF they doing?

1 Like

Can I reply without having to scroll down to the very bottom on mobile?

Also yeah I guess they very obvious trolls wont get downvoted now lol

It’s new the layout takes some getting used to. Losing the ability to disagree with someone without typing every time is frustrating.

1 Like

trolls wont be downvoting either

2 Likes