Alt+F4ing QM Que Until CC Bloat is fixed

… You are getting these teams because that’s what the matchmaker gives you, you could play in Unranked, where you can pick teams that have better balance… But Quick Match is where you pick your character, and you don’t see your map, and you don’t see your team, and you don’t see the enemy team. This quoted statement is proof that you want a balanced match, from a mode that cannot be balanced.

This is another statement that proves my point. You are picking your character, and you are playing with the teams you get, rather than going through a drafting process to weed out problems like no-CC while going up against high-CC.

It’s not the matchmaker’s problem in this mode. The problem is that you expect balance from a mode that cannot reasonably offer it, outside of buddying-up with others and de-facto drafting by your team picks… But then you’re likely to be stomping randoms anyways. So, really, go play Unranked, I’m sure your opinion will change.

We aren’t putting words into your mouth. You think the problem is with Matchmaker, when everyone says the same thing… QUICK MATCH DOES NOT HAVE A DRAFT, which is why you get these whacky combinations and even these lockdown fights. The problem isn’t that we’re putting words in your mouth, you just came for an echo chamber, and you’re being told what the root cause for your problem really is.

2 Likes

While I really don’t condone dodging a game, I do feel that the OP has a point. To much of this game is centered around CC. This fact by itself really isn’t that big of a deal-- until you consider the fact that a vast majority of “hard lock down” CC (Looking at you, stuns) are point and click abilities on short cool downs and aren’t a Heroic ability. I mean, if a stun is a skill shot (Kael) and I get stunned by it because I didn’t avoid it/walked right into it, that’s fine. I was the moron that didn’t avoid it. But when I get hit by a stun that’s purely point and click (of which a good chunk of the stuns in the game are comprised of), it doesn’t feel good in the slightest. You have almost no way of avoiding that stun and instead have to hope like hell someone has a Cleanse they can hit you with before you get collapsed on. There’s just very little skill involved in hovering your cursor over a hero and hitting a short cool down instant stun. And its even worse because said stuns aren’t even limited to supports or healers any more, and plenty of assassins/bruisers have some form of instant stun on top of enough damage to really mess up your entire day.

This is also what has primarily kept me from sinking a whole lot of time into the game despite having been here since CBT. Instant stuns are simply no fun, and trying to out-stun/CC the enemy team in any sort of Draft mode is equally unfun.

Where in my OP did I say QM was balanced (I actually said I already understand it isn’t). My post is about CC Bloat, not QM balance. l2read troll. You keep forcing this “QM Balance Crap -When in my OP I clearly say otherwise”.

CC Bloat has nothing to do with the mode I’m playing, the issue lies within the core of the game. You have to draft CC in order to be competitive. God get overyourself and stop saying I’m complaining about QM balance.

If you don’t think it needs improvement fine, go away. I just think Blizzard COULD do something to make QM a bit more “FUN” by tightning some of the Matching parameters. If you disagree - fine that is your opinion - but because I have an issue with CC in QM and wish the system was design better, the world is going to end.

Go read a book.

What’s funny is how OP is right and yet people will still shill and defend the hell out of Blizzard who for years have known to be bad at actually making stuff properly work and balanced.

Remember that time when HotS had some really bad balancing a couple years back but instead of Blizzard fixing it they pumped millions into esports and then closed it down a year later anyway lol.

Or maybe they are the ones who understood what to expect of QM.

What is funny is that we explained how balancing around CC is impossible and that he still is playing QM when he wants something that comes from a draft mode.

Putting money into esport still is less dumb that not going for draft modes when that is what you want.

I learn a lot about my hero playing at a disadvantage. It forces me to try using them unconventionally like some sort of guerilla split push thing or some kind of how many merc camps can i get during obj thing if winning a teamfight is not possible. It’s a fun challenge. I don’t care if I win or lose. I only care about how well I did in the game given what I got and whether I can do better or not.

Compare me to the OP who only cares about winning and comes to the forums to whine about how he’s not winning.

So , you’re a weak minded quitter that can seem to see past your own team’s weakness or enemy’s strenght …

Got it :+1:!