Alright that's IT. Imperius is OUT of control

Why not? Diablo can.

2 Likes

He can do it with a lot of important ones though, such as the line of trees around the south alter in dragon shire where he can literally exit or enter from any direction. This is very obnoxious because you may not be able to see him coming if you are trying to take the point.

Imperius has been in the same state for quite some time. It’s not like he recently got buffed.

Why is this a problem just now?

9 Likes

All the usual suspects realised that Mei isn’t an issue, and complaining about Cassia doesn’t actually attract any attention, so they spun the roulette wheel and landed on Imperius.

Just a theory.

8 Likes

multiple heroes OP? that can’t be. my brain cannot process!!

can’t wait for the next balance patch when I will be completely, 100% vindicated. I’m dying to hear what your excuses will be. “they weren’t OP, it was just your excessive forum whining that forced blizzard to nerf them!!” :rofl:

Your opinion is just mine but backwards. Atleast I can actually support my claims.

Holy Fervor is not bad. You take it if your team has literally no wave clear. If you have someone on your team who can, you would never take this. It’s situational and niche.

Flash of Anger simply compliments Imperius’ playstyle too well. Think about it; how does Imperius play? He dives, and CCs, and this talent only enables him to do it twice as well by providing him a MASSIVE shield and a crap ton of damage to boot. Impaling light with Flash of Anger + a basic attack can do more damage in one hit than most people’s ultimates, which I’d be fine with normally but not with the shield.

You can either have the AoE burst damage or the shield, but not both.

1 Like

but dude, if you miss your Q, then imperius turns into a small fluffy kitten and can’t do anything the rest of the team fight.

To think the arrow could have stopped on Artanis!

I just bought him, played four matches and won all. (Also topped dmg and tank) beginner’s luck

This talk about Imperius being massively overpowered is ludicrous for the most part. He has a 50% winrate in all ranks, and a 51.8% winrate in diamond/master. Admittedly his popularity is very high. (24% pick rate.) The only talent I’d even gesture is imbalanced is Impaling Light, with 50% popularity and high winrate.

What people dislike is his duelist status. It’s the same reason people hate Butcher, Winblades, Illidan, or any duelist.

3 Likes

Imperius’s playstyle is one designed to incite complainers. Instead of looking how to counter Imperius, they get hit by his combo, die, and decide he’s OP.

1 Like

uh no. all those heroes are fine and easily countered.
“just burst imperius down bro”
bursting down a tank is easier said than done.

Even with data you’ll get players that still defend “popular” picks like cassia, Johanna, raynor, etc (the hero and etc for “and so on”) even when cassia has near 60% win rate

go back to 4chan with your dumb insults, please.

I don’t get why there is hate for some non-logical looking skills. In Imperius case it actually is kinda legit considering that if this would be fps he would simply fly over terrain to land his spear strike. Example of less logical skill is Samuro clones - he creates copy of himself so why the hell isn’t he poisoned or rooted anymore? Other less logical examples? D.va boosters, ETC and Mei slide - when they are doing their abilities towards Diablo quick enough Diablo should have been able to overpower them when they are moving towards him with skill right? Wrong Diablo gets all effect and sometimes even overpower on CD.

Point of this is simple - learn kit of other heroes and try to intercept their moves

1 Like

this is a holdover from warcraft 3, where mirror image made him invulnerable for a split second, removing all effects. it’s part of his design.

Still - less logical than Imperius kit. Notice that there is nothing that would say: “Imperius can’t pass through terrain when using this ability”

Another thread as always in which you enter to rant because you are horrible playing… Now this at Imperius.
The Forum has treated you bad lol, pure comments attacking you in every thread you make.

Then could you say why Imperius is OP?. His numbers doesn’t show that he is OP.

1 Like

His mobility isn’t a bother; it’s only decent if he lands Q to get the movement speed buff on the talent. It’s that his damage is unparalleled for his role and CC. Not even pre-nerf Diablo can hit the numbers he can keep chaining. He has the damage of a lot of assassins, but the sturdiness of a tank.

But Burn the Impure and the Q burst talent need nerfs. He’s probably the best anti-tank hero in the game in the right now, but is still absurdly powerful to squishy heroes.

It’s illogical from the perspective of Hots but if you look at his WC3 kit it makes sense.

Actually his Hots form is much weaker, in Warcraft you get to only summon 1 clone at first (lvl 1) but then it increases up to 3.

In Hots he can only summon 2 no matter what talents he picks. But in both games you cleanse yourself with Mirror Image.