Alexstrasza rework idea (complete rework)

health reduced by 250
gift of life(Q): healing reduced by 98.
range increased by 2.
flame buffet(E) removed.
new ability: cleansing flame(E)
makes an ally unstoppable for 1.5 second.
can’t be used on alexstrasza.
20 CD.
while in dragon form this ability will not replace the wing buffet ability but instead will be its own active ability.
mana bar removed.
cleansing flame(R2) name changed to breath of life.
will now slow enemy heroes hit by 10% stacking up to 40%.
healing increased by 76.
life binder(R1) healing increased by 48 and range increased by 2.
can now only be canceled by time stop abilities (void prison cacoon etc)
if life binder is canceled by a time stop ability cooldown is reduced to 10 seconds.
dragon queen(trait) basic attack’s healing increased by 217.
additional trait added life bloom.
quest: heal heroes with gift of life while alexstrasza is above 75% of her hp 175 times.
reward: healing a hero with gift of life while alexstrasza is above 75% of her hp will give her a life bloom. healing a hero with gift of life while healing a life bloom will not cost alexstrasza any hp(will not consume the life bloom).

talents:
L1
circle of life adjusted functionality: swapped the first reward with the second reward. increased bonus healing gained by 3%.
flames of fury new functionality: alexstrazsa’s basic attacks while in dragon form will now deal and heal extra if the hero hit is stunned slowed silenced or rooted.

L4
surge of vitality adjusted functionality:
speed reduced by 10%.
additional functionality: healing heroes which have movement speed increased buff is increased by 15%.
heat exhaustion new functionality: alexstrasza’s basic attacks while in dragon form will now slow enemy heroes hit by 5% stacking up to 50%.
exuberance adjusted functionality: speed increased to 20%.

L7
life bloom removed
new talent: flame shield(E)
if cleansing flame removed a stun the target will gain a shield of 500 (can stack multiple times)
passive: using cleansing flame will give the target a shield of 300.
verdant flourish new functionality: heroes healed by abundance will gain a buff making them gain 100% extra healing from regen globes (also mana healing is increased by 100%). lasts for 10 seconds.
passive: reduced abundance cooldown by 3 seconds.

L13
pacify adjusted functionality: cooldown reduced by 30 seconds.
will no longer have a reduced cooldown from healing disabled heroes.
life unbound new functionality: healing heroes with gift of life will cause an explosion that will heal allied heroes for 358 health and damage enemy heroes for 247 health.
new talent globes for life(W): abundance will now generate 3 regen globes at the end of its cast.
passive: increase heal area by a small amount (I am thinking something between 15-25%).

L16
tough love adjusted functionality: armor increased by 20 but duration reduced to 1.5.
overprotective: shield increased to 100%.

L20
blessing of the red: health increased to 750 and is now a passive.
ancient flames new functionality: reduces dragon queen cooldown by 10 for every time she hits a slowed hero with her basic attacks while in dragon form.

No
(now to fill the 20 characters)

4 Likes

what do you mean?
could you elaborate?

This will be short, but I don’t think it can ever be a good idea to remove any ability for a player to damage or apply debuffs to an enemy team. Completely making Alexstraza a supportive character would feel worse to play. And the whole switching to an active ability breaks the thematic.

Reducing her healing globally for the 1 sec Unstoppable on a 90 sec CD isn’t worth it, and kind of disappointing.

Why would you remove her mana bar? Healers need a mana bar to limit their healing throughput, which damage actually matter. I hard disagree with this.

I don’t feel like the changes to Cleansing Flame and Life-Binder are necessary.

I don’t think making Lifebloom baseline as a quest would feel good or be needed. Especially with it’s current requirement.

1 Like

first thing i made a missclick it meant to be a 20 seconds cooldown on cleansing flame.
second her E was useless no joke as a main alex i can tell i never even use it once in a match.
second thing her mana bar doesn’t make any sense she never uses enough mana in a game cause usually you just spam q which costs no mana. her mana bar is just there.
fourth thing life bloom was the only good level 7 talent it feels really necessary for her kit I can’t imagine playing Alex without it. its just not worth it.
i also had the idea of giving her a talent which will make her Q remove stuns roots and slows. and then just change her E to also apply 20 slow on the first time she hits a hero than add additional 40 on the second, but it will still not be worth using her E its just a waste of mana its really not worth using it so just remove it.

That seems like poor play, to be very blunt. Her current E is a useful poke and disruption tool, from the perspective of playing with and against her. Plus, if you removed it, I’d imagine Alex players would be (rightfully) pissed, given you’d be turning them into effectively healbots without blowing a major cooldown, which you’d also be making them worse at.

2 Likes

All alex needs to be good is a bit of spell armor on her W for ppl in its area while its charging. Shes already very powerful, shes just not played because she gets countered so hard by anyone with good aoe or zoning (kael, jhoanna, etc)

How about we make her an actual dragon that breaths fire on everyone and melts faces.

dude i cant tell you this enough her E is useless its damage is way too low and the slow is not worth it also range is too low if you are getting close to hit that E you are playing alex wrong
the reason she is not played is cause she has no high cc and no cleanse
also her best heal which is her Q requires a sacrifice or you go to life bloom which you have to pick up which means you have to get close to your opponent and spoilers when that happens and your enemy is not brain dead you are DED
if you really dont want a rework at the least what blizzard have to do to balance her out is increase the range on all abilities and make it so life bloom no longer has to be picked and to balance it reduce her hp that is the least amount of changes she would still be under powered but she will have more of a potential of play