Add an option to gift stuff

TL;DR: let me buy a second copy of something I already own, to send to another player as a gift.

So my friend really liked Deathwing when he was free to play, but he doesn’t play a lot and doesn’t have enough Gold to buy him (and won’t buy gems because, again, he doesn’t play that much).

With his birthday coming up, I tought it would be nice to buy DW for him, but it turns out HotS doesn’t have any gifting systems :frowning:

This has been brought up in the past, and generally people said something along the lines of “no, because it would make smurfing even easier/better, if you could just get the early level rewards and use them to buy stuff for your main”

So my proposed solution is this: allow gifting stuff, but you can only buy something as a gift if you already own it.
That way, smurfing doesn’t make it super-easy, because you only get it “handed to you” the first time, but you still have to grind (or pay $) to be able to gift it, so you might as well do it on your main.

What do y’all think?
does this make sense?
would anyone use it? (I would, but anyone else? :stuck_out_tongue: )
am I underestimating the new player “boost”? (as in, could smurfs easily get any hero twice?)

3 Likes

Yes

On a somewhat related topic, why is it so convoluted to gift people anything wow related. You’d think that the call of duty company would make that whole process really simple. :stuck_out_tongue:

I totally agree with your suggestion OP. However I think this thread will warrant more response in the general discussion?