A message from Kaéo Milker

So…The plan is to focus more on the player base (which begs the question why your team wasn’t doing so already) with less resources, manpower and support for the community.

Can you see why this doesn’t make a lick of sense…?

I doubt this is your decision and I am sure you may be very much against it but this whole spiel reads like corporate PR damage control. Nothing in this decision is good for the player base. Less heroes, less maps, less development and balancing in general. None of this is good for us.

At the end of the day the only people that benefit is your Activison overlords. Trying to dress this up as somehow positive for us is actually pretty damn insulting of our intelligence. A title that is having its resources siphoned away from it cannot possibly be doing well and trying to drop nonsense like “purity of purpose” is rather eyeroll-inducing.

At least have the fragment of respect the community is due and call this for what it is; HotS isn’t making the rivers of money Activision wanted it to by chasing the MOBA fad and is being put on life support so the last few pennies can be squeezed out of the remaining loyalists before its inevitable demise. No title doing well has key manpower and the like ripped out of it like this. To claim otherwise is nothing short of being disingenuous.

10 Likes

Hi sir! thank you for your work, the game is fun, the team based gameplay is waaaaay fun that dota or LOL BUT i did notice a lose in players when the game changed the focus of the game from play, buy at a exact prize (no strings attached) to a loot box system, with all do respect sir if you want that juicy money from china make a differente version to them, i still remember how happy i was when I bought the skin of artanis mecha with a clear price, without “imaginary curenncy” direct buy and have fun, be honest in the game.

Thats my feed back sir, hope it helps

PS: we know you are preasured with inverstors for the next earnings call, but you cant milk your player base like that, please tell them (even if they dont get it) a constant stream of money is waaaay better thank killing your own player base for a quick cash grab, love ya :wink:

PS PS: old lt morales was better!!!

The news was broken to me by Pallytime. He doens’t know what he’s going to do. I then switched to NotParadox. He’s upset, doesn’t really want to get into it, but doesn’t really know what this means for him. Then I went to Nubkeks. Quoting Nubkeks: “&%#@ me.” For the most part, doesn’t know, can’t get his head around it. Then clicked a video and it was some smug other-moba guy. Instantly clicked dislike and left.

Kaeo, I’m a huge fan. It’s my hobby, I watch it as much as I play it. You’re team needs to find some way to keep the streamers and youtubers involved or you’re doomed. I’m sad HGC is gone, watched some of it some times, not as badly as I’ll miss the online community. I saw a comment by Kendrick-Swish that basically said he’s going to have look to do something else this next year. This all goes to show that HGC’s loss is not the big deal here, neither is the slower cadence on releases. Your online community are clueless of where this leaves them. You’ve got to give them something.

1 Like

So, the weekend has come, and I’m basically came up with after talking with a few people.
I came to the conclusion,
You’re responsible for your own life, and your own BS. That’s it.

Blizz, I know you didn’t know, I’m over it, pros might not be not, streamers might not be, but I’m just going to move on. IDC who left, idc who staying but-
In the mean time, actual fotage me and the Boyz playing HotS this weekend.

See the rest you scrubs in the Nexus. :beers:

For me The main issue here is how unfair this announcement was to the many HGC players and staff. To leave them hanging and then abandon them just before the holidays is truly unfair and even traitorous after all they invested into your game. They deserved better.

First I realize this was almost certainly done by executives outside of the Heroes team. However, I cannot support a company that treats their players and fans this way. I will continue to support streamers and communities that are a part of this game and company but I intend to never purchase a blizzard product again until the company can regain this lost trust. This is including Starcraft, Starcraft 2, Overwatch, Diablo, and HOTS; all games i have played and invested in extensively. Not on my behalf but for these players. Which is sad because I see you developers as helpless in this situation as we are. However I personally do not believe in supporting a company that finds such behaviors justifiable.

I just uninstalled heroes of the storm, and thank each of you for all you have done to create such a wonderful game. Hopefully in time I feel like I can return.

6 Likes

How does this affect the planned role change release ? will this push it out or speed it up since you don’t have to schedule around HGC ?

Can we get a photo of the current hots team so we can compare it to the Blizzcon “HOTS team photo”

1 Like

It is truly heartbreaking. But thank you for your hard work. Will do my best to keep looking forward to more content.

1 Like

I can tell your message was written with sincerity, and I am so sorry that HotS has come to this.

Kaéo, you’ve given me a glimmer of hope for the future with your words, but I have one request:

Try your hardest to bring back HGC. Try your best, please make 2019 a year where you exceed expectations and force the higher-ups to shift developers back to HotS. Do not give up on this incredible game!

1 Like

thanks for this words, i know its a rough time for every one. The dev team, the community. all of you love / hate the game. but we all play it. i was very sad about the news about HGC, my level is bad play there anytime but i loved to watch it. i dont quite the game and im looking forwards whats comming. Im sure that u can now priotize some rly special things in a smaller team. im not sure if it hard but for me i think a good step would be a small or hard reset of the MMR. i know alot of ppl hate this but i think after the changes from 5,3,2 and solo HL que there alot of mistakes which need to be fixed. dont let the game die ! See ya in the Nexus

I had the chance to try the first iteration of the game at Blizzcon 2011. Hope to finally see you guys opening the gates and letting the community step in via mods, custom maps and modes. This is the most important way of giving a second life to the game. Love your hard work :slight_smile:

So to sum this up. You canceled pro scene of your MOBA game because of stupid decision to create mobile game called Diablo Immortal which hurted your stock market by 20%?
I’m glad i quited trying to get pro months ago, I somehow knew it had no future with so drastic changes in hots 2.0.
You’re nothing else but mask of Activision. Cut your ties, else it’ll be just falling domino destroying everything on it’s way.
GGWP GL NEXT

3 Likes

Still, cancelling a yearly business 15 days before it starts is so unprofessional.

4 Likes

Hey Blizzard. Love you all, and I love what you all have done with Heroes of the Storm. This game has always been what I wanted from Blizzard. One game with all of the Universes combined where you get to see all of your favorite characters from your favorite franchise.

Although it is saddening to see/hear about HGC no longer existing, and most of the staff moving to work on other projects, I actually think this could be the best thing for Heroes of the Storm. Maybe not immediately, but I think it is still very possible for the game to have a bright future.

With HGC out of the way, Blizzard should be able to use more of their creative freedom with the game. There were several changes/things that could not be implemented into the game due to balancing issues within the pro scene. Blizzard should now beable to do more minor tweeks to heroes more frequently, adjusting some base line damages, making more changes to weaker talents, or even some bigger changes with some maps.

This is the perfect time for them to just go wild with the game. Re-adjust loot crates. Make EVERY skin purchasable. Give a better custom game selection adding ALL of the Brawl maps. Bring in a permanent ARAM mode. Give us more social features (Clans / Spectating). With the lack of development, release a map editor into the game! Let the community rebuild the game and add some new life to it by creating their own content. There are several games that would not exist to this day had it not been for the Blizzard community creating amazing custom games. (ie DoTA) Just imagine the possibilities of what the community could do with HoTS.

You never know what can happen with this game once you bring back the roots of Blizzard gaming.

So are you going to continue releasing heroes at the same pace? It’s already slow af. I don’t know anyone who played this game who cared at all about the esport garbage anyways.

Also maybe release some iconic Blizzard characters that people want to buy instead of purple-haired goats and treehorses. And whatever tf Orphea is…

This game could’ve easily survived as a LoL-lite and drawn people with Blizzard characters. The choice of hero releases is ridiculous however. Seriously Yrel as our paladin instead of the freaking Ashbringer?

1 Like

Is there any chance we can get the ability to purchase the items with cash instead of gems? While I hate lootbox type systems I do understand that, what I hate and has discouraged me from getting things is the gem currency that always has leftover amounts. I do not mind seeing the actual $$$ figure attached to the skin.

1 Like

Stop. Stop right there.

You have shown us multiple times that we can’t trust you to properly rework most heroes.

You have 4 more heroes to rework: Tassadar, Illidan, Chen, and TLV. Maybe 5 if we count in Abathur. I don’t trust you enough to not ruin anyone outside of those 4, and that’s because those 4 are already in pretty crappy states right now.

Fix your matchmaking and toxicity enabling report system. That should be the #1 priority for you guys right now, to stop hemorrhaging players. This could easily be done by undoing the vast majority of general balance changes put in place under Alan Dabiri and working forward from scratch.

Add features we’ve been asking for for months or years. Hero-specific custom keybindings, a permanent ARAM mode, and a faction/clan/guild system are the big 3. That should be priority #2, and will help bring back burnt-out players.

Priority #3 should be releasing new content: Heroes, skins, events, cinematics, Brawls, lore, etc. This will help bring in new players from other Blizzard games and could give you marketable material to attract potential customers from outside the usual crowd of loyal Blizzard players.

Then, and only then, should you start reworking heroes. And when you rework a hero, do not change their core playstyle unless that playstyle is inherently unbalanceable.
Rework minor parts of heroes that are in bad balance states, sure, but do not fully redesign heroes and overhaul their playstyles on a whim like with Malthael. Talent changes are fine, but be very careful you don’t break the hero in the process.
Make sure that when you have a specific problem with a given hero, you address that problem directly. Don’t play around the issue, you’ll just run into unintended consequences. Fix the issue directly.

3 Likes

Just kill all Activision games, break off, remake Blizzard and make great games again.

9 Likes

This is why ur stock value has been cut in half. No respect for the franchise fans, no respect for the professional players who have dedicated their lives to play a game that you freaking developed, and also for the production crew and castors. You make a decision to cancel a whole league which many lives depended on and announce it on a social media? holy fck who’s the god damn genius that made the decision

3 Likes

feel like i just read an obituary