A message from Kaéo Milker

I believe the game started to go downhill when they added overwatch characters and over-the-top mobility heroes. Remember heroes back in 2016? This game was lit! Now every character can instantly blow up in half a second and if you had the audacity to not counter pick genji, well you’re screwed. There was a time when uther was actually worth something! Every hero since tracer was a mistake. Anyways it’s my opinion.

If you feel honestly like you “hit your stride” in 2018, then you need to stop running. Your development team and leaders absolutely ruined a good thing. Why do you think so many people want WoW classic? because blizz spent like ten years driving THAT game into the dirt.

3 Likes

This is the main problem with their current practice ever since 2.0, Blizzard Account Balance should be directly tied to their in-game store rather than having a separate GEM(S) currency which you need to buy first in order to buy an actual digital item.

Which leads to you usually overpaying for said items, because some people are not repeat buyers, and usually get enticed by the BONUS currency for larger purchases.

It is a scummy practice. Also their bundling of 5 different hero skin colours in unreasonably overpriced packs that cost equal to a triple A title.

I don’t need five legendary, different skins that differ in colours, just make 3 with colour schemes that might be more enticing and people will gladly buy individual items. This was the problem all along why their monetization scheme never took off, and was kept being repeated by avid fans.

Sure, you’re paying a premium on fast access, since you can get most of these for free through effort and gambling (wasting gold on lootbox rerolls), but the pricing is not acceptable in first world countries, let alone in those that still don’t use USD, EUR or other top currencies.

Game is a failure from a management standpoint, while from the design perspective, it is nothing but a shining star.

2 Likes

The irony is this is exactly what the system was in HotS mk 1. You want a skin? You can buy it. That’s it. You sometimes had sales with skins and heroes. It was simple and to the point.

But then of course the Activision parasite started tapping shoulders with its tentacles and demanding more. How about some unlicensed and unregulated gambling in HotS? And of course we have to fill said lootboxes with 95% crap like sprays no one will use to make things even more ghastly for the consumer.

And here we have HotS mk II. Of course with lootboxes becoming unpopular due to media attention likely burned away a lot of appeal this model may have had and rather than admit fault, the response is a controlled withdraw from the whole game while still milking what can be gained from a dying project.

Welcome to AAA game development in 2018. Blizzard are not your friends or even see you with any respect. You are a resource to be harvested and when greener pastures of more exploitive avenues of revenue can be found, you can bet your last Blizzard FunBuck your loyalty isn’t worth a damn.

4 Likes

Watching the HGC final of 2016 brings so much good memories!

1 Like

EVEN NEW heroes. Meaning something like Orphea, a character we have never seen before.

ruined WoW, **** on the Diablo fanbase and now this. nope. im done with blizzard. have fun with your mobile games.

1 Like

Maybe it is time to rework the philosophy of the game? Why is not the game so popular? What’s missing for him to be popular? Maybe a survey of what the players want from a MOBA’s

If only that were possible because really the loss of trust with the community didn’t just happen with HotS it has been a gradual process with one disappointment after another.

WoW with the current expansion just quickly burning out and boring its playerbase with the slower release of content, technical issues plaguing the games (due to the sharding system for WM), further pruning and dumbing down of classes, etc. It is just such a step back in every way from the prior expansion, and I don’t even consider Legion the “best”.

Then we had the years of neglect and sidelining of Diablo 3 and 4 and Diablo 2 remake and only to be met with Diablo Immortal for the 2018 Blizzcon.

Now we have the future of HotS to worry about given the further constraints imposed but more importantly with the trust of the community at an all time low due to the unceremonious way in which the e-sports community was let go, again if they make great things in the future will people still want to trust the developers or rather would we want to invest in any Blizzard game at this point?

I really do wish HotS all the success but the company name itself has become a burden in itself since the company has just taken a turn that continues to burn through its fans.

1 Like

I do think the silence and dishonesty for such long time is what rly hurt here. not devs moving on or something, just credibility gone. who cares if they relaunch an hgc.
picture guys like heroeshype, solidGG, khaldor, HHE heroeshearth squad keeping competitive hots alive. a year. then blizz in 18months is like “huh wow those teams are rly competitive+ you established insane new tournament structures and the base is super loyal…lets revamp hgc”.
and then what? let it die again while you +we again invested a lot?
im not saying “dont make it happen, dont fight, let it die, they dont deserve it” tho i calmly feel sometimes like that.
but at least then be already now determined as community to point an f-finger at certain company approaching and as REDDIT (not heroeshype or others)… be vocal,saying
" f*** your blizz structures, give those content creators space+money+ time+ now YOU trust US. "
but all this weird speculations+plans without any "political " answer+position as community is sad.
and this is if im not wrong without much precidence. so make it a case + dont handle it lightly—
because THATS something they or certain departments of them srsly dont desere. and its not
colateral or irrelevant, you pseudo economists here ^^
edit- watching the recap+farewells of so many players+content creators( Zaelia, rich, mopsio, khaldor) , and the desperate trying-to hang on of others…
for real… this company doesnt deserve this , no matter if they " now rly try " in another game or something. They dont deserve the trust+ investment+compassion of such great players(fighting to proudly represent you ) , casters, content creators, and community. this is a f***in silly game they play and its not the first time,… its almost anytime they try to go esports…they trigger,they bait, but they dont deliver. they just want casuals joining a hypetrain, not a competitive scene.
i was a blizz games and gamepolitics -AMBASSADOR to my last breath…
but now theres no substance left lel.
sincerely…

It all comes down to trust. How can we trust Blizzard enough to make another investment of time and money in one of their new projects when we know there’s a chance they’ll just drop the game at a moment’s notice. Very sad that Activision has gutted what was once truly the greatest video game company. All of the corporate-speak in the world isn’t going to change that.

1 Like

Honestly, I don’t see how they fix this without replacing the entire management team making all of these stupid calls. From a lackluster Blizzcon, to the horrific handling of the Diablo franchise, to the mistreatment of its customers and fans, to the boning of its e-sports community, to the shuttering of HOTS…it just keeps coming. It’s not surprising the stock has fallen so much.

just this. they are about numbers like a clickbait .
but there doesnt seem 2 be any passion, link to community, bond…
just users that can b used. or we use them …maybe thats the thought process ;<
other companies grow WITH their community. not by feasting from them.

People couldn’t figure out how the game was supposed to be played with a Pro scene…now that’s dead AND you changed the game greatly with this last patch…I think I’ll pass on this sht show.

1 Like

Best next step would be to unban accounts or refund the money you STOLEN from ppl by fraud eula. I played HoS since beta and now i get template responses from GMs with bunch of trolling. You block my twitter,you block my account from forums and you threat to ban my another games in battlenet. Can you please burn in hell for that. I was fan of blizzard company since wc2 and this is a treatment i get now. I guess all good ppl already left this company and only trolls and greedy activision left in it.

1 Like

The result of 2 months J. moron Allen Brack as president.
Michael Morhaime the team needs you! Be their shield!!!

Blizzard I love you but i was watching FanHots stream and he was in q for at least 30 mins. I saw him play 2 matches of fortnite. I pay for boost and pay for Amazon prime. I don’t have the time nor patience to sit there and watch an ex pro sit in q for 30 mins Is there anything you can fast track the fix for MM. This is getting out of hand. Please fix this. One can only take so much. You already have a fractured relationship with your player base. Fix something that is going to benefit everyone.

Sorry bliz. I was a big supporter of you for the longest time. The recent showing of what you pay your employees. The lack of customer care. The lack of knowing what your consumers really want and now your trashing this game? Old blizzard would not of done this. Activation would do this and hide behind the Blizzard name. Should of seen the signs back when I was playing WoW when you decided to nerf raids with the 5 10 15 20 25% nerfs when the raid was current and like a a month or two when the raid was introduced. This was when it was clear that Activation took over. Telling us if we wanted a challenge to just take off the nerf. do we get better gear if we do that? nope.

This gem system you tell us that people wanted was a lie and we all know that it was. I did not buy a single thing in this game when 2.0 was introduced. Never will till I could buy things straight up with cash. This aint the Bliz we all grew up with.

I supported you for the longest time. Look at my posts in your favor on the old HOTS forums. This is the last straw you did that makes me not care anymore. You took the last bastion of happiness I had with blizzard and tossed it out the window. Good job. Not getting a single cent from me ever again and i hope other will follow suite.

I would say thank you for the fun times before I go but now i know that every dollar I put into this company now went to harming your employees with the low wages that you guys have been handing out. I feel ashamed of even supporting you guys.

Today was going to be a very special day for me on HOTS as well. Was going to be hitting lv 200 with Li Li. Close to no use of any stim packs or anything like that. a legit lv 200 not a boosted lv 200. Only used the stims i got in loot boxes. I refuse to even finish that because of the amount of anger I have with you now.

4 Likes

I gotta agree with Sparks above here… I don’t really care about Hots or its esports scene, but a lot of fans did. That would have been enough for old Blizzard to continue support, money be damned. I really do not like the direction the company is taking at all and I’m sad to see the studio that got me into gaming as a kid take such a cold and greedy turn. I guess even Blizzard eventually has to bow to Activision’s stupid needs.

Love how Activision RUIN this game… U really gonna LET THIS MOBA(YOUR CREATION) DIE?, becoz of them?. Any of the original designers of this game still over there?. If you are there… Lemme ask u something; Are you really prepared to see and LET your game DIE like this becoz of this BS $ bussisnes to benefic some pockets?. Nah, blizzard plz hold up ur pants and WORK this MOBA is the best or should i say, WAS the best moba out there at this time in the world. Now ur letting it die like a mfo ALONE. Thats the way which its gonna go. I’m telling you, the Streamers, the members of the PRO teams, the community in general is SAD really SAD for all this BS going on. Fix it or just Turn down the servers and kill it of 1 shot and we move on or we just gonna see how it will be killed slowly for some heads in the cup of the company who wants make more money from this game and at the end of the day is not giving enough to fill the pockets of that or those persons who did this to us… if thats the point of all of this BS. i’m sick, i expend 4 Years of my life in this game to end up like this?. No ty. Farewell who ever did this, farewell and I wish u luck in ur life, future proyects becoz ur just ruining this game and its never gonna be the same again.

1 Like