8 second re-spawn timer is broken

Like any hero, Murky has heroes who can counter him pretty hard. Any hero who can easily find/destroy his egg is a hard counter. My point is that Murky is like any other hero: he has counterplay. If you don’t have the means to do this, it will feel oppressive, but you can say that about a lot of heroes.

1 Like

Also note that Murky has about a quarter of the health of any mage and is also melee with puny skill ranges, so that point is moot. He needs damage to be in any way useful. Implying that he’s supposed to suck because of one flavourful line is completely pointless. He’s only called “not quite a full hero” to succinctly describe his health bar and XP mechanic.

No one else is saying this, but you don’t have to “babysit” him. You can just take objectives as five. If you’re winning every team fight, you will push far harder than one Murky.

1 Like

Every Hero that you mention that has a shortened re-spawn timer returns to the game at their core not where they want on the map. This carries with it significant travel time. These heroes are worth full xp when they die each time they die. With each death there is a requirement be it level, quests, or what have you. Their death timer does scale with level so if you did not meet the requirement for the reduction you get a full timer like every other hero. Murky has no such requirements.

8 second re-spawn timer is not healthy for the game.

Leoric.

You also seem to be completely ignoring the fact that his egg can be killed.

1 Like

Also Uther respawns at the location of his ghost.

It’s almost like… this person lost to an annoying but ultimately under-performing hero and is making an uneducated rage thread.

I addressed the egg above, you choose not to read.

Uther re-spawns at his ghost if he takes the level 20 talent. If his trait gave him this ability at the start of the game it would be over powered and broken.

I remember when i first started playing and also thought murky was op. I eventually learned how to shut him down but this takes me back. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

His egg has no punishable cooldown timer. They also buffed the early game HP, so he can also just drop a new one with how forgiving it is now.

Late game, he takes Big Tuna Kahuna and becomes a full hero with very high damage and a virtually negligible respawn penalty overall, while still picking his respawn point. His split push is top tier, while his hero damage is nothing to laugh at.

Compare him to Zagara. Immediately after the first serious nerf to her cooldown on Nydus Network she became infinitely more manageable, and she has a lot of setup for being global–namely that it costs her a HUGE ultimate option. She was extremely punished for dying, since her worms and creep storage are capped, and a team could go around clearing down lanes. It set her back greatly, which isn’t the case for Murky.

The only drawback to Murky is that his team is a bit weaker by not having a full hero early, but his split push is so strong that he almost always has to be answered, which is annoying.

I’m not saying he’s broken, but he has a LOT of advantages over other split pushers.

1 Like

I think his respawn timer should scale like everyone else. At level 20 Murky can be tough to kill. Making him a great late game hero.

1 Like

@Xivilaikhys You get it, that is exactly the point of the thread. His death timer should scale. Mid game to late game, an 8 second re-spawn time anywhere on the map is too strong.

You missed the point. He can’t spawn anywhere on the map, because leaving his egg in a vulnerable location will get it killed quickly.

He can spawn anywhere on the map. That cuts down on the travel time from his core. Eninya made a good point above about the zag nerf.

You missed the point and haven’t addressed it at all. 8 second re-spawn is not healthy. Re-spawn should scale with levels.

You keep bringing up the egg. The egg causes 1 hero to ignore game mechanics to go on a hide and seek quest for something that does not give xp, does not secure a hero kill, and can return into play very quickly. At the least, the egg death should award xp.

As mentioned, not really. He has to have his egg in place before he gets killed, unlike Leoric, who can just walk to wherever he wants to spawn. In addition, Leo can wander into keeps or what have you, where if Murky puts his egg on the enemy’s side of the map, and they are watching for the proxy, it is very likely to get killed.

While you should never go egg-hunting specifically, it is not that hard to determine where he wants to put it, depending on the map. Most of the time he will have to place it somewhere near one of his own structures.

If you are getting outsmarted by a Murky, all I can say is play him for a few matches, or watch replays of games you lost to one, and you can learn how, when, and where he wants to leave his egg. It really isn’t as difficult as you are making it out to be.

And honestly, this goes for any hero. If you find yourself constantly struggling against one, play them yourself, or watch replays to see what that person is doing with them. Knowledge is power!

4 Likes

It isn’t about being out played or struggling against a hero.

This is about an 8 second re-spawn timer being unhealthy for the game.

Leo’s trait might be the closest you can get early game but it still isn’t 8 seconds. Certainly not 8 seconds in late game.
Auriel’s ult comes close but there are too many “IFs”. And that is an ult, not a trait available at level 1 that doesn’t scale with level.

The majority of the time Murky dominates is when people just get too lazy to deal with him. Maybe you can dub it “Murky Fatigue”, I’ve seen it in so many matches. Someone playing a hero like Valla who can deal with him and his Pufferfish with ease, gets tired of rotating mid game and just gives up, so the Murloc turtles to the core. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Because it used to be and was kind of stupid that it was.

Instead killing it reveals murky and forces him to play safe until he can summon a new one.

3 Likes

And he actually has a lot of counters, pretty much all of the strong AA heroes can make his life miserable, especially if they know to kill the puffer ASAP. The last time I faced a Murky in QM, we had a Tracer on our team. The poor murloc was completely ineffective against her, and she never got tired of hunting him down. Easiest Untouchable stacks ever!

1 Like

I hate playing vs Tracer as Murky, especially if she is good and on my case. It makes your puffer pretty useless and sure you can safe soak at your towers and rotate to another lane, but a good Tracer will just rotate to wherever you go. :cry:

1 Like

It was kind of funny, as I was playing Imperius that match, and he is pretty useless against a Murky. I told Tracer to just follow him, and I did tanky things instead. Of my three favorite laners (Artanis, Blaze, and Imperius), only the big protoss can deal with Murky.

2 Likes

It did once award XP, but this is before they had talents like Egg Hunt and Fish Eye, which the devs said was to encourage more aggressive egg placement.

I’m not against the idea of awarding XP on Egg kills, but his level 1 talents would have to get looked at first.

1 Like