8 second re-spawn timer is broken

Hands down the worst thing in the game is an 8 second re-spawn timer.

EVER HERO IN THE GAME HAS THEIR RE-SPAWN TIMER SCALE WITH THE TEAM’S LEVEL WITH THE EXCEPTION OF MURKY.

This is further compounded by the fact that heroes have to spawn at the nexus and have significant travel time. Whereas Murky can choose anywhere on the map he would like to spawn in the case of his death.

It is unhealthy. It is unbalanced. It is oppressive. It has to change.

2 Likes

His egg can be found and destroyed. Staying diligent about locating it forces him to keep it further away from where he would like.

9 Likes

Well, it’s 32 second respawn baseline for 1 whole kill so it’s actually longer than most heroes for a significant amount of time.

4 Likes

EVERY HERO IN THE GAME CAN BE AFFECTED BY CROWD CONTROL WITH THE EXCEPTION OF DEATHWING.

EVERY HERO IN THE GAME GETS THEIR TALENTS AT 1, 4, 7, 10, 13, 16, AND 20 WITH THE EXCEPTION OF CHROMIE.

EVERY HERO IN THE GAME RESPAWNS AT THE BASE WITH THE EXCEPTION OF LEORIC.

EVERY HERO IN THE GAME HAS TO KEEP THEMSELF IN ONE SPOT WITH THE EXCEPTION OF THE LOST VIKINGS.

EVER HERO IN THE GAME HAS TO OBEY THE TERRAIN WITH THE EXCEPTION OF MEDIVH.

You want me to keep going? Turns out, a lot of heroes break rules other heroes can’t.

25 Likes

Is this a murky op thread!?!?

Literally send 1 person to deal with him if he splitpushes. 1 person to stop him from taking forts.

In teamfights if you kill fish he’s not much of a threat. Octograb is strong ill give you that one though.

2 Likes

The egg, which rarely dies, is not worth any death xp. Why not? DVA’s mech is worth .5, which I disagree with, Why shouldn’t the egg also be worth kill xp for the enemy?
But devoting time to find Murky’s egg takes Heroes away from a host of other mechanics that help the team.

Abathur says!: Helloooooooo~

First I thought it was a joke thread, then I keep reading.
I can’t wait for “D.va is OP” thread.

2 Likes

I really hope this is sarcasm.

Murky will only be good when he can kill genji in a single deadly combo.

Pick Butcher, Alarak, Genji, li-ming or any or hero with hero kill quest/reset if his re-respawn timer is bothering you.

Literally dripping the very thing but given that mods deemed it too hot to see the light of day I accidentally might have been onto something.

So you wish to multiply murky’s power to conpensate?
I’ll gladly take it

1 Like

This is a really bad justification. You have no idea where the egg is. How much time are you going to invest into looking for it? (Knowing that a decent murky will re-position it if you get close)

Unless you already know where it is. Leaving your team to chase the egg is rarely a good time investment.

Not sure what you mean here. Even if you kill Murky 3 times, 24 seconds is less than 32. And Murky is accomplishing things in between each of these deaths. Three separate Murky kills are not equal to 1 hero kill.

Bad game against murky huh. Unfortunate. But he’s beatable Valla, Sylv, raynor do really good on murlock duty just have someone shadow him and hope your 4 man is better than their 4 man.

1 Like

I think you’re missing a part of the equation where Murky tries to NOT die constantly.

I do think his timer should scale like every other hero.
But knowing that it would result in a weaker late game, I’d like to see him be a bit stronger in the early game.
Pufferfish can be strong in lane if no one can kill it easily, but it’s pretty garbage in team fights. I think it’s an area that could be improved.

And Diablo.

And Malthael.

And Uther.

Oh, and Kel’thu-FREAKIN’-zad…

6 Likes

Technically TLV with ulti and lvl 20 upgrade.
And Chogall as well.

EDIT: Oh yeah and Leoric and his trait where he can cut his respawn time by 50%

3 Likes

Hm, and Tyrael too, with the latest update to his trait.

Edit: And I completely forgot about Auriel, who can reset anyone’s spawn timer!

3 Likes

It’s so boring hunting his stupid egg and he gets value just from making you waste your time.

1 Like

Everything you mention is true but you will not deny the strong late game that Murky has, the damages also escalate for murky but not the resurrection timer and looking for the egg will not always be possible, besides that the egg also received a buff of hp. Also note that according to the game itself Murky does not count as a complete hero but his damage is even higher than other “complete” heroes.

1 Like