10 Duplicate Heroes are ruining ARAM - terrible feature

I kid you not, I just loaded up to play the game, and got an all vala ARAM queue. I told everyone to report me. This is the 4th game in 10 I’ve had to play all 10 duplicate. I literally just posted in this forum 20 minutes ago to complain about this and now I’m just back to vent. 4 out of 10 games is my current rate in the last two days. get rid of this mode.

1 Like

Minor point, I don’t think you go to the gym.

1 Like

I would just exercise outside or at home. No idea why people pay gyms 1000 of $ each year just to run on a machine. Most basis exercises can be done at home.

1 Like

I would say, because it helps with the mentality. Just like how for some people, doing homework is easier in school than at home.
(Also, singles searching for mingles.)

Tbh is was fun at start, but in the past week i got this mode like 7 times, this is supposed to be rare, it has become pain now, the worst part is that half of the time is always Lunara…

2 Likes

Motivation, your money is being used, better capitalize on the service while at it, good machines that can be used easily to improve specific spot, meet others and get better tips, it’s a social location.

Outside is enough for fit body sure, but a gym is still useful to get everything instead of paying for each utility.

3 Likes

Been seeing even more complaints about 10 of the same. Thought I’d bump this and highlight some important points. It seems troll-type people and HOTS haters on Reddit are the reason there’s 10 of the same.

Still true almost a year later.

1 Like

If I got a 10 Probius game I would thank the stars above for this blessing and proceed to assert my Probe dominance throughout the lobby.

2 Likes

I don’t like mirror matches, but those who do aren’t “trolls”, they simply have a different preference to you. As for your claim about Reddit, they were asked by a Blue if they wanted MM to be added back, the majority agreed, and so they were.

Keep in mind, that after a couple of weeks, complaint threads on Reddit appeared regarding MM, and so the Dev listened and reduced the chances of MM occurring. Outside an in game poll, there is no means to gauge a consensus on any changes made to Hots.

No such polls were conducted when Hots was in its prime, yet the Devs still managed to respond to reasonable complaints and make changes accordingly.

Speaking of reasonable. It’s not reasonable to queue up for a mode with the intention to leave matches if you encounter a feature that has a small chance of occurring.

Just play the match through, and you will more than likely have more fun, than going to leavers queue. Statistically the mirror game will be over in about 15 minutes, that’s less time spent leaving a match and then winning your leavers match, with the bonus that it doesn’t ruin the game for the other 9 players who might want to play the MM.

I envy you, I’m still yet to have an all Probe game, it might be a case of “be careful what you wish for”, but I’d like to try it once.

Sadly nothing has changed. No wonder this game has always struggled . When they take away options we have to make our own switching accounts is the best option

Mirror matches are part of ARAM now. if that is now too much for you to handle then find something els to play. Crazy people need to tell you that more than twice.

Its like queing up to QM and get mad you get a map you hate when you know you got a chance to get throwed into that map. Only positiv is you will find yourself in leaver que more often now with your sad additude. Then people dont have to play with quitters like you.

In this case, they kinda added an option. Mirror games are a minor annoyance, I do wish though they would make a pass at which heroes can be mirrored, as some heroes that lack siege potential, or self sustain, can feel miserable to play.

No one are taking away options. People can choose to accept ARAM as it is or play something els.

No one are forcing you to que up to ARAM and play a mirror game. You click on that button yourself. And when you do you accept what follows.

Creating multiple accounts just to avoid mirrors are people’s own choice that they want to suffer that way just to avoid something that only got 2% chance to pop up.

No one are holding them at gunpoint forcing them to que up and play it. But they want to make it look that way. They only got themself to blame for thier own suffering.

A normal player would just move on and play ranked or QM instead of complaing about having his choices removed.

I do not accept MM as part of aram I do not have to.
No one is forcing them to keep MM in aram
When I click that button to play aram i do not have to accept what follows. CLEARLY
I create multiple accounts in case I get fraudulently banned or silenced again .
No suffering here that’s for the people still playing MM.
If you are the measure of a normal player I am infinitely pleased that I am not .
Thanks for making this about me and not the game

I added my own option

Serious question. What if in every game you play non mirrors aram, people start leaving because they only want mirrors?

Like, you always have people leaving non mirrors so you can’t play the game.

Is it all good for you because “they didn’t chose to play non mirror”?

Or does this only work for you?

4 Likes

People have left non-mirror games in the past just as much as they leave mirros.

You did not pick the only healer option your team had ? Rage quit
Your team have no tank vs a team who has ? Rage quit
You got no healer vs a team who has ? Rage quit
You choose to play a hero you good with but it dont fit the comp ? Rage quit.

So yea people still rage quits normal ARAM just as much as they rage quit mirrors.

ARAM enjoyers are good at finding problems where there are none cause his fun is more important then others fun.

Players quit “normal” drafts nowhere near as much as they do in mirror games, what you just said is very dumb. You don’t pick a healer? You’ve probably earned yourself a couple of reports without anyone explicitly informing you and soon enough you will find out what your stubbornness leads to.

Even if you are among five snowflakes who don’t hate mirrors, this does little to convince others to stay in the game and when those people check in 15min later to find you still stalling by playing a 1v1 bot filled match and preventing them from joining a new game, you shouldn’t be shocked to find out that you’re the main target for several reports.

Warranted or justified? Not my problem, but is something which could be avoided entirely for everyone’s pleasure. There’s a solution for everything you don’t like in the game, it is the report feature and sadly for you, majority rules.

If anything, one mirror enjoyer holding other players hostage for half an hour and wasting their time is the worst thing anyone can do to you in this game and I support all the consequence which could follow. We might not be able to reliably identify the opposing player but our own teammate is in big and well deserved trouble.

2 Likes

aram mirrors aren’t well regarded when “one player” holds the match hostage and wants to quit.

The point of an activity is to do it, but those that aren’t cooperative are looking to fault others for their own conduct instead. They “waste” their own time because they aren’t willing to spend the time accordingly. That is their own fault, but so long as people can blame anythint else, they won’t learn to do otherwise.

Mirrored or not, the “majority” of complaits are those that already leave/complain and want to “hold the game hostage” because they “already know they’re going to lose” “dont want to heal/tank” and so on it’s self-fufilling prophey. Too bad they don’t thibk through the reverse (that they “know” they’ll win) and use that to justify not bothering to queue in the first place.

Cooperative play is grounded in structure and compromise to create a common ground. Antisocial schmucks that don’t get what they want because they aren’t happy regardless is what sours the mode so the middling players are now thinking it’s easier to just just give in, and then that boils down to leaver issues of other modes ergo why games get designed around “punishment”.

The bottom line still becomes that people have to do the activity to actual enjoy it.

1 Like

If something is unenjoyable, players won’t participate. I don’t remember any of my last 10 mirror matches without a single incident. The most “successful” one I had played with melee character where at least my team managed to last 2 minutes until they saw what it all was about before quickly deciding that no one wants to keep playing. Two would leave which isn’t enough to cancel the match so whoever was left would throw themselves at the towers, enemy team included.

You won’t change my mind because the likelihood of two or more players quitting at start is extremely high compared to standard matches. You can try to keep me in a match but I won’t enjoy playing especially with a threat of suspension over my neck. If whole of the other team stays, they won’t have much fun either playing against half of team of bots.

The only way to motivate players to play an try their best, in my opinion, would be with a big reward under a condition that all 10 players stayed for the first 5 minutes, never went afk and possibly include a disconnect criteria, which would halve said reward.

Once the match is concluded without incident, everyone gets a FULL +1 level (and a common chest) with the hero in addition to earned xp, that way players would have something to look forward to and this would be considered as hitting a jackpot rather than being viewed as an inconvenience or punishment. We would want everyone to play from start to finish so temporary disconnects and rejoining should incur a very small penalty (maybe a total forfeit of match xp, but get to keep the main reward).

2 Likes