10 Duplicate Heroes are ruining ARAM - terrible feature

maybe you should love reading more, and ya know, actually do some of that instead of making something else up and trying to discredit that. Wayhaps if you were around here for more than 40 minutes, you wouldn’t feel the need to make-up a strawman and act like you’ve made some magical breakthrough point.

3 Likes

Even fewer people use these forums than the Hots subreddit. I agree with you that they should have put an in game question into Hots to get more accurate feedback.

The thing is, that no doubt would have cost money/time the small classic team isn’t afforded. I don’t particularly like this change, but it’s rare to occur, and it’s hardly the most pressing of issues currently facing Hots.

1 Like

Money/time? the feature is already in, you get it from time to time, we just don’t know the specific condition to trigger it. The tech is already there, it’s not developing new tech. It may not be the most pressing issue but it’s a top issue, stroll the forum and see countless posts about it.

The HotS subreddit has almost 400k ppl. I hope you are right and this is only a small portion of the playerbase.

But!.. why do you think that ppl who do not use reddit would dislike this in the majority?
The possible outcomes of asking the rest of the players:

• they mostly like it
  • it’s basically 50:50
  • they mostly dislike it

With the reddit poll (ratio 3:1 “yes:no”), even if the assumed “bigger rest” is at least neutral, the outcome is, that most players are happy with this. So from the 3 options above -again thanks to the reddit polls’ outcome- the probability of the yay:nay is 2:1. So why on earth ppl think that it matters we didn’t knocked on every door?

If the majority likes it, Aram is not ruined. Weird that this needs to be spelled out.

3 Likes

Big assumption there that the 388k members actually read and participate actively. Yeah the poll was in favor of it with only 0.37% actually voting…

Again if you want this goofy mode bring back Heroes Brawl and leave it there. But they won’t do that and you know why? Because all of the other crazy game modes they had were far more enjoyable (The pool party event with Stitches!) than doing a single hero ARAM and yet their player engagement was significantly lower when running any event mode that wasn’t ARAM based. Proving that gimmicky modes get old otherwise the numbers wouldn’t have been so lopsided.

This just reeks of folks who only slum in ARAM occasionally and primarily play normal. Add it to normal games and see how quickly the tune changes.

1 Like

I nowhere assumed that.

Yes. I actually do.
Because Aram was the most popular brawl in reality.
And they lost the manpower to keep the unique brawls.
We now also don’t have enough players to support the current amount of game modes, not that we can add more…

3 Likes

I play the game, so I’m very aware of those stupid in game questions/survey. We both don’t know how much time or cost it would take to modify the question(s) to add a new one.

The Dev team is a classic team that works on many titles at once. One of their stated goals in the patch notes when it was announced that Hots would no longer (or very occasionally) receive updates, was client stability. I don’t know about you, but after a whole year if I use the B.Net client, I get the patch bug when I log out. They are well aware of this problem, but haven’t fixed it, that’s why I say keep your expectations low on what can/will be changed.

Yes, I know those Devs who work on the Client differ from the Classic team who works on Hots, but the point still stands.

True, there are many threads asking for the removal of all mirror games from ARAM. What I find telling is the most likes I’ve seen on any given OP is I think 3, which is terribly low even on these forums. If there was great support for removing it, the posts should be able to pull more than 3 likes in support.

2 Likes

My OP about removing it has 28 likes and I am not even a well-known and/or well-liked person on these forums. People probably aren’t sitting on forums liking the post because they are busy playing getting out of leaver’s queue from Alt+F4ing crazy mode games, which is honestly not a bad idea. People may be losing faith in any improvements after such a controversial change was made to our ARAM.

I simply asked for the rational solution multiple times. They need to make a crazy mode opt in/opt out button to disable the feature. Better yet remove the rare chance from ARA and make it have it’s own separate queue so we are all happy. People who dislike it have a high chance of alt+F4ing early on so wouldn’t fans of this mode want to play against people who want to be there and aren’t bots?

1 Like

Your post contains 28 likes. This is a sum of every like given to the op AND to every reply together, combined.
Your op has 1 like. ONE.

2 Likes

I got Falstad…

Wasn’t too bad, it was pretty even match. We won but everyone pretty much went boomerang build which is obvious.

So far I got Ming, Butcher, Falstad and another one I can’t remember. But Ming is by far the worst. Butcher is crap because which ever butcher gets 200 first, it’s pretty much a guaranteed win on that teams end and falstad is everyone playing safe with boomerang build and lightning ult

I still hate the mode…

I get that this is not a thing for everyone…But I love this feature. Before they took the feature away I did a murky match like this (with no deaths) and it was EPIC. Like, it was edge-of-your-seat epic.

I’ve had more folks leave matches in the last few weeks cause of this stupidity than I’ve had in all other matches in the last year prior to it being brought back. Good stuff!

At least drop it down to 1% for the love of god.

1 Like

Your OP, is the very first post you make when you post a thread. You have a grand total of 2 likes, individual posts combined are not reflective of support. Even if I gave you that, 28 total combined likes from all your posts is still extremely low.

I personally don’t like the change to ARAM, but I’ve still only had 4 games with all the same hero, and so far that is about 2% of my ARAM games played since the change.

This is a totally a first world problem, and I wouldn’t blame the small Dev team for never bothering to make changes to Hots again after this overreaction to a very simple change that happens infrequently.

It’s up to two likes now, it’s a landslide victory!

1 Like

Okay but a 5v5 Imperius match is hilarious and intense. Especially when we all take one Imp and dance with him in the sky over and over. I wish I could get that again because I was crying laughing when I played. So glad this is a thing now.

4 Likes

I thought ARAM was the YOLO lets have fun mode and not the serious business I have to score me a win because im da best mode.

Already had all ragnaros twice, a zeratul, nova and a falstad one within approx. 60 games.

Note: it does not happen so often and noone left the game, noone seemed to be bothered. Also it took me as much time as any other ‘normal’ aram game. I enjoyed them all, eventhough I had no idea how to play zera and nova.

1 Like

There are a small minority of posters on this forum who follow this mantra:

“Hots/No fun allowed.”

That’s kind of a toxic mentality. People expressing their frustration with the game mode is a normal thing. I have fun with ARAM. It’s the thing I do after work to relax my mind. But I find the mirror match-up to be frustrating that’s why I want a better way to feedback.

2 Likes

There are already multiple avenues to give feedback, so far the consensus on these forums and the poll conducted on Reddit indicates an overwhelming support for mirror matches in ARAM.

I’m going to reveal that I voted to have ARAM mirrors removed. However, I’m not making a gigantic fuss about this because mirror games happen infrequently, and I don’t expect Hots to be tailored to my individual taste.

1 Like

yeah this is by no means a consensus. This mode is trash. Stop drowning out people who don’t like it because it’s causing issues. People auto leave this mode constantly, it’s not fun, and quite honestly it occurs A LOT. I literally just had three back to back games of all hero. Butcher, Thrall, Ragnaros. It’s not fun. At all. And it’s a problem jsut to disregard the opinions of people who are pointing out how much it sucks just because you like it.

1 Like