҉I tried competitive for the first time҉

I placed Silver but quickly fell to Bronze and I’m sad now. :sob:

1 Like

The system is terrible. Ranked in this game is not worth your time. Better off playing qm or aram or another game.

2 Likes

It doesn’t seem like it’s that bad, honestly.

I mean you will get matched against premades quite often, The afks and trolls will not be dealt with and you will get them3-5 games in a row. Like thats not good.

That’s not really the game’s fault though. If you get something like that then you only have to wait a bit before queuing again, yeah? I’ve only really seen 1 afker since I picked the game back up.

1 Like

You are doing good then. I have waited from 10 min to 3 hours and still have it happen. Its just sad.

It never used to be that bad. The games and ranks were pretty balaned but nowadays its all sorts of wack.

There are more potatoes than ever…

1 Like

It’s all about Quick-Match. Best overall mode, best way to learn, etc.

You have AI for practicing and ARAM for the casual experience. But when you’re ready to truly put your skills to the test and see what you’re made of? The harsh, All-Out Battlefield of Quick-Match, is the way to go.

No ranks, no bronze, no silver, etc. All that matters in a given match is who WINS and who LOSES. Want something to strive for? Just go by win-rate. This may be old thinking now but, the general consenus was that if you mainly played quick-match consistantly year-round and, are able to maintain at LEAST a 50% win-rate? You’re officially a Decent/Good player.

Edit: Whatever you do, just don’t go thinking that because it’s not “ranked” or whatever, that QM is the “easy” mode. It’s not. Players are out for blood and bringing their A-Game just as much, if not more so than in stuff like Ranked/Unranked. Most of the time it’s pretty competitive in there.

3 Likes

Appreciate the advice! I’ve mostly been playing bots and QM. I don’t honestly see people playing the OP chars down where I play but I mostly stick to my tanks and bruisers. Ranked is such a hassle. lol

Comp here is worse than Overwatch. Maybe it’s a glimpse of what OW will become in a few months.

If you get into Bronze here, the Bronze 5 Trolls will pull you down and keep you there. When you ask for advice on improving, you’ll get old advice that doesn’t work anymore like “just pick an offlaner and soak.” The only advice that works is to play in a coordinated group, and to play a lot of matches. In 2021 (all the way back to 2019) you can’t expect to get out of Bronze in solo queue.

Co-op vs AI is a really fun and popular mode, though. The AI gets cheaty at Elite level, so don’t go higher than Veteran unless you’re in a group. You can get some good matches in co-op vs AI though, and you can play any hero you want.

Even if you get into higher ranks, you have so many players who are being carried so you either have to carry them or lose. The trolls are in all ranks and nothing is being done to reset this so ranked in this game isnt gonna succeed. que times are gonna turn into 30 mintues a game by the start of next year due to people quitting.