Your account needs to be updated

In my case, in PC it didn`t work anyway…

2 Likes

I did a scan and repair and was able to log in

1 Like

It doesn’t work for me…

My na account can play on na but on eu i still get the error.

I have no clue what i should scan and repair. It works on na but not on eu. I whish blizzard would acknowledge the problem and tell us that they are fixing it. Now it feels a bit like in limbo.

2 Likes

Dont know what happened, but mine suddenly started working,

Still doesnt work. My eu account only works on eu and my na account only works on na.
When i switch the region i do get the error message.

Never had this problem before and i have no clue what to do about it. Initially i had hope it was a bug which would get fixed fast but i am slowly losing that hope. I do have cards and such on the other regions so i really do hope it will get fixed.

1 Like

Same issue for me Aeo#1127 – additionally, I probably haven’t started the game in 6+ months, don’t know if thats the issue, but likely.

Scan and repair - unsuccessful.

On PC:
NA Servers - Where my main account is where this is happening, I am however able to change to Europe servers and connect, but Asia gives me a different error.

On iOS device:
Stuck in infinite loop of “Account needs to be updated”, please restart…

Please advise or acknowledge. Thank you.

1 Like

I have encountered the same error. Your account needs to be updated, please restart the game. This comes after updating the game. Please fix.

1 Like

same here in EU account.i tried everything

1 Like

same problem on both IOS and PC

The same happens to me. I get Your account needs to be updated on EU servers, and I get hateful sprites error on Asia and Americas server.

Hello Everyone you go to C:/users/yourusername/AppData\Roaming\Battle.net Delete the files in here i also delted the files in C:/users/yourusername/AppData\Roaming/Blizzard Entertainment after this steps when yopu close you battle.net application you need to log in again and your game will work. hopefully that helps

Best regards

1 Like

ty for your effort in finding a solution but this does not work for me and i am also not sure how to do this. I dont have a battlenet file in appdata roaming section.

It still doesnt work and i have no clue what to do.

I did find a battlenet folder somewhere else and all files created there are 28/04/2022.
The game did work just fine after that date untill the update yesterday.

In c/ i do have two battlenet folders.

-Battle.net.13434 (15/04/2022)
-Battle.net.13458 (22/04/2022)

And then i have two more which are listed as application:

-Battle.net Launcher
-Battle.net

Should i delete something? pls help lol:(

1 Like

what would i do for a mac?

Issue has gone after new quest cycle.

ok I got update for android loged in and loged out that helped me to log in on PC this make no sense its unlogical

Thanks it worked for me

1 Like

Running iPad Pro on latest iOS Beta.
Cannot even create a new account using the app.
Reinstalled twice, after updating inside the game, pops up a window that account needs to be updated. Sometimes after clicking OK it closes the game, other times a window if I’m returning player comes up. Whatever you choose, a few minutes later you see a message the connection timed out while pulling data from HS servers.

Works fine on iPhone and PC. Need fix for my iPad, don’t want to roll back iOS…

Still doesnt work for me on eu. on na i can play on both my accounts but on eu my na account still doesnt work. I guess this is the wrong forum for tech support from blizzard since they dont reply so i send a ticket.

Deleted some files,it stopped working completely.
Uninstalled the game and re-installed it again. Still the same problem.

There has been an update and the problem is solved now. Can log in on all regions ty for solving this. It didnt take that long after all. Thread can be closed.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.