You lost our thrust with classic format removal

Understandable — almost happened to me on my first try, since the first sentence of the article (the essential one) got scrolled somehow. :grinning: The forums were all abuzz with the subject, though, so you might have noticed it. After rereading the article, I even posted this:

I still stand by my statement that reading skills are important, and I try to follow my own ‘preachings’ as well.

With that said, let me also reiterate that many would find the one-week notice very short. There are cultures and countries (thinking about the likes of Germany, Sweden and such) where you’d generally assume that even an ambulance must be booked at least a month in advance, let alone less urgent matters, when you could wait for months or even years in a queue (that includes renting a flat first-hand, for example).

Sure, this company operates in a rather barbaric environment, where you could do more than that: you could just say, ‘You’re fired’, and ‘unemploy’ someone the next day — something legally impossible without a very convincing reason (like a breach of contract, law or something — not on a whim) and, at the very least, a lengthy notice period elsewhere. However, the decision to discontinue Classic had apparently been made for some time, so they might have announced it much earlier — if even minimum consideration for the players is what you’d expect from this particular company, that is.

Thus, I could also agree with you here: