Yes the game is rigged..in that it finds..a worthy opponent

Your attempt at whataboutism is sad. I made legend last month and a LOT of it was rng flavor not any actual skill.

It is ok to accept the fact you have very little skill in this digital card game.

What a petty and pathetic response. Nobody cares about your rank; nobody asked you; you came to brag.

I’m rank Chicken 10 and I’m not afraid of you.

I made legend on all 3 servers this month, from ranks 200 to ranks 3k

I won 80% of my games on the Asian server. I have gone 23 wins a row before my 1st defeat.

Yes, bots and bad players are to blame. But the point remains, skill is a huge factor up until the highest levels of play.

Even a difference between a 3k player and top 1k player is a big one. A 3k player can sometimes venture into top 1k but will not stay there for long, because of skill difference.

You are full of yourself if that is what you think. I know it hurts the human (especially) male ego when you tell them they have no real skill in something. Truth hurts sometimes though.

Only pathetic response was from you but keep on trying to be relevant.

Is this like the only documented case in these forums of a “it’s rigged” person finally coming to light and understanding there is no evidence of rigging, so we have to go by what we know and have an open mind to rigging but accept it’s not until we have proof?

I’m literally shocked.

And proud at the same time. I lost all hope in Carnivore and now I’m utterly astounded.

You did it, my man. You’ve strengthened your critical thinking.

/salute

That’s partly unfair. I did have some silly replies/posts the were calling for rigging, but most of the time I was just talking of probabilities; I still don’t discount that they rig the game since the game is a black box and nothing stops them legally (they may only try to stop others doing it too legally lol…); but you can’t deny pure math: given the same skill with other people: you WILL go to a roughly “50-50” win/loss average against other people if the algo tries to find “a worthy opponent” (given no star bonus/streak bonuses/or blatant luck of singular streaks that land you above a certain rank floor).

It would be illegal in quite a few countries to rig games by deck type etc, as they have made public statements to the contrary. It is a form of false advertising.

Hence if people can provide proper evidence, they should step forward.

3 Likes

The first thing you say isn’t important for two reasons. One: they can just hide it easily, and two: even if they want to stay legal: they can easily say(and do) “we just turn off the system when one of the players is in one of those countries it’s illegal”.

You can’t hide it easily, it’s measurable by your customers.

2 Likes

Not necessarily. For example they may target psychologically only players who may buy something from the shop. The data “who may buy something from the shop”(or similar (the exact target is only an example)) is exceptionally hard - and practically impossible - for a regular third-party collecting-stats-site to know about its users.

Why would that matter? Any subset of customers can collect their own data.

So your theory is that everybody who is consistently top legend is there by sheer luck?

Well, that settles it then. Gl in life

1 Like

I mean you may not have the data you need even if you want to. For example I may suspect they only target people who they think they might pay to buy services to win.

If I make a third-party site that collects data: I have no clue who of my users are in that group but a video game company may know more about their spending habits

and if I collect data from say… 100 people and 10 of them are a “fluke” I may write it off
as a regular statistical fluke but it could be something targeted.

I’ll answer that! Yeah, because it’s comforting to my ego to explain being less than them by RNG. Also, I’m better than you… But, RNG and stuff.

1 Like

You can read card collections and infer which users buy packs by the size of their hoard. You also have all the game data so you know roughly how much gold they’re generating, if not exactly l how much. But simply having the raw collection data will give you a probability curve of likely spenders over a decent sample.

If you’re simply trying to argue that there exist possible configurations of the universe where where the game is rigged, then sure.

1 Like

The exact nature of who the “potential spender to target” is unclear; so it’s meaningless to discuss it here; it could be those with packs but it may be also the inverse (those “who didn’t spend yet” that is projected to be profitable). My point was if I had a third party site I would be in the dark about the individuals who send me data; I may see a few players with weird results; but since no user sends a big sample size(individually) then I can easily write it off as a regular and expected statistical fluke per-person.

Necessary DISCLAIMER at this point: the entire OP is to say I think when most people feel “rigged!” they are just locked in a “50-50” with “worthy opponents”; we just went on a tangent on the possibility.

1 Like

Sure if in some scenario you collect data and have no idea what to use it for, it’s worthless. That’s pretty much what you’re saying.

If a game is 10% skill and 90% RNG, then the leaderboards will be determined solely by skill. RNG is fair and after enough games it all cancels out, and when the 90% filler cancels out ALL that is left is skill.

Your position is equivalent to saying that you can’t really get drunk on something that’s only 5% alcohol by volume.

(I estimate that the game is 80% RNG and 20% skill btw. Doesn’t matter, skill still decides everything.)

3 Likes

I can feel this. It’s a tricky business because on the one hand you’re just intellectually sparring, it’s not actually that serious, but on the other hand when you spar you want to go hard and give it your best (ish) effort so people tend to assume from that that you’re that serious.