Wonder why I ever started playing HS

2014 to now and what have I gotten out of this?

Probably at least $10,000 spent. A whole lot of frustration because I’m probably at about the 60th percentile of all players, meaning I lose at least 55% of the time. And what do I have for all this? Yes some fun, but nothing else.

Considering my financial situation is exactly the same as 2008 sorta thinking shouldn’t have let Blizzard talk me into giving this a try in beta, especially considering I got to gold 10 Friday night and now tonight with that same deck and others that aren’t terrible I haven’t won one game in 5.

I think this game was probably worth my time in the early days before they added so many ways to win unfairly. Wild has basically sucked for at least the past 5 years.

And when I’m trying to earn my CMA I’ve been asking myself for at least 2 years why do I keep playing?

2 Likes

Did you learn your lesson? Yes? Good for you! No? Good for Blizzard! It’s really that simple.

Well I did enjoy this game until wild became do you have 20 ways to kill a big minion and 14 ways to copy Reno Jackson? Oh you don’t, well then I’m sorry, you lose.

1 Like

Considering wild is in the sorry state that it’s in and over half(a lot more than half) the games are against bots, I’m glad I haven’t spent money on this game in years. How is 10k spent on this game possible though?

1 Like

Do the math 2014-now and in the early years when there were nothing more than cards I believe I was dropping what has it always been 80 for an expansion? 20 for the solo adventures? Then I’ve never been okay with not having all the cards (even though I realize a few of the hundreds of cards no one would ever use) and that comes out to if I remember 140-210 an expansion worth of packs.

So early years 250 per 4 months?

Then you come to today when they’ve added a lot of extra fluff which yes I have bought a few hero skins and what not and that’s maybe $100-200 a year and then $50+80 for both versions of the expansion lately to have more cards straight up. That leaves me with $70-140 packs to get all the cards.

So at least $200 every 4 months lately. Oh and don’t forget that to play bg’s you pretty much have to drop the $15.

Maybe it’s not been $10k, but I’ll bet not less than $7k.

This is where you have made your biggest mistake… You are giving your money too easy for them… I have started to play in closed beta and missed out about 6 years… never paid money before. Returned about 2 years ago. Started only to support the game by money only at Titans… but already regretted it, lol. :smiley: This is not worth the ingame gold anymore… not money… The only thing I still can hope in is the rotation of sets next year… Game developers need to work hard for my money to get it again… thats for sure.

1 Like

If you’ve spent literally $10k on this game, that’s on you bro. Of course you’re never going to get that level of satisfaction from it.

Maybe you should find some other ways to spend your free time (and money.)