Won a used Mega-Bundle Code from PlayHearthstone

Hi Hearthstone Community,

I was participating in the Live(ish) Festival of Legends stream event and ended up (despite the incredible odds-- there were like 17k people in chat!) winning a Mega-Bundle! It was given to me personally via the official PlayHearthstone account, and you can imagine my surprise and absolute delight!

I went to redeem it, hardly being able to contain myself for winning something so valuable…only to find out the code was already used by somebody else! I could understand if the situation was them dispersing the codes freely into the chat in a free-for-all, but this one was sent privately to me.

I’m really gutted, what an emotional rollercoaster that was-- do you guys think there’s anything the Hearthstone team responsible for the stream could do anything about that? I wouldn’t even know who to contact regarding it. I’ve obviously got the chat log from the official account as proof if necessary.

Thanks for reading and experiencing the tough luck with me. Happy Pack Opening this weekend for the Festival of Legends!

Chrono

2 Likes

I got the code only to find out, that codes are regionally blocked and that my country do not participate. That givaway was a joke. You could try to contact blizzard support maybe?

1 Like

Hey, I appreciate the reply. That’s also a bummer for you that they were region locked, I didn’t know that was possible for these things.

I did end up contacting Blizzard Support, and even though they understood the frustrating situation, they couldn’t provide a replacement code as the promotion was being held “externally” via the PlayHearthstone team. They suggested that I try to get back into contact with the entity that gave me the code and explain the situation to them, but that would be the official PlayHearthstone Twitch account, and I severely doubt they reply to DMs, even if they made the initial contact in sending me the code.

That notwithstanding, I’ve gone ahead and given them a heads-up as a reply to the DM they sent me, but I would imagine their DMs are absolutely bursting and my hopes aren’t high. Time will tell I suppose, have a good one!

1 Like

Yea… poor, poor Blizzard… They can do nothing. They cannot provide a replacement code, because they only OWN this game. At least they wrote you back. My custommer support ticket still waits for reply. Maybe I did wrong that I contacted polish branch. Should have learned they dont give a … about some countries.

still hoping that blizzard will give you something other than so many bits (not real cards remember … but only 0001010001010etc) and so much frustration for a game where nothing is random but harnessed inside what blizzard wants to happen?

Did they send it to you via Private message or was it in the chat where its given to whoever grabs it first?

If you won it and they sent you the code in a private chat, than you just need to create a ticket and they will probably honor it as it was not your fault that they gave you a used code.

However, if the code was in the general festival chat, than it’s a free for all and it’s whoever redeems it first.

In my opinion I think the whole Idea of throwing codes in chat is really lazy on their end. They have the ability to do draws for the x amount of bundles they have to win. It feels pretty unbecoming of them when they do it like that.

You clearly did not read the Rules then for who was eligible to participate. They were posted in advance on this forum.

You can reach out to them on Twitter, and you can also find a bunch of other top dogs at Hearthstone on twitter as well that you can probably tweet at to bring this to their attention. However, again, I would only do this if Play Hearthstone actually Directly Sent you the code via a private message.

It’s sad that Blizzard support is a pretty useless group. They have zero power to do anything and basically apologize and give you a sol response, and it feels like the only thing they can do is tell you that they can’t do anything. And while they work for the company, they can’t even forward your info to the team that would be able to fix the error that they made. Literally the worst support team out of any company I’ve ever dealt with.

Even with me having issues with connecting to hearthstone on my macbook, there was something that was blocking the connection and they were not able to assist me. The guy just called me on the phone and told me that I had to figure it out on my own as it was beyond their scope of training. It was such a waste of time having them call me to tell me that.

So Try Twitter, because if they had sent me a private message telling me that I won and gave me a used code, I’d be pretty upset and I would definitely be making it a point to bring it to the attention of those who made the error, so that they could fix and hopefully make sure they didn’t make the same mistake in the future.

I’d be interested to hear how things pan out for ya with regards to this.

1 Like

Got it via the private message

The rules were posted on Thursday morning - the day of the giveaway - only on US forums. I don’t have to read foreign forums everyday. The news about the giveaway was posted a week earlier and that was the moment it should have been made clear, that this is only for certain countries. Polish people have their own polish version of official hearthstone website as well as official polish forums. On both of them the information about the giveaway was posted, without any information about the exclusions. There was also not a single information in the twitch steam describtion. Postin rules on only one forums, just before the giveaway, is not “informing people”.

Yea, Blizzard support wrote me, that this is not their giveaway and I sould try contact playhearthstone on twitter, but seriously, its hard for me to imagine spamming under their posts, begging to contact me. They cannot be sent the pm on Twitter.

Moreover, the GM checked and the code that I got and gave back was geoblocked to US Region. If that is the truth, this whole giveaway was even more bull$#@$ then I thought, because there were like 18 more regions eligible.

Well, the good news is now you know, so you you will able to check out the rules in future giveaways.