Will Alterac Valley get a mini-set?

Its the new year, and pretty soon they’re going to have switch to the next year, as well as start the first expansion of 2022. The last two sets recieved mini-sets, but time is running out.

Will Blizzard skip a mini-set this time and move onto whatever the first set of the year? Or will Alteract Valley get some new cards before then? And if so, what will the theme be? (Barrens had Wailing Caverns and Stormwind had Deadmines. My guess would be a third classic dungeon)

2 Likes

The next expansion (and core set rotation) won’t come till April (usually). So they got time. The mini set usually happens about halfway through the current expansion, which would be anytime now.

I wonder what dungeon they’ll use. There’s a lot they can use, but probably one in general area of Alterac Valley and one more aligned with both the Alliance and Horde (whereas Wailing Caverns was horde-focused and Deadmines more towards the Alliance)

Shadowfang Keep would kinda fit that bill. While not in the Alterac Mountains, it’s fairly close and is also the next dungeon most people go to after out leveling WC/DM.

If its SFK and based on vanilla dungeons, then we’ll probably get cards based on bosses like Razorclaw, Fenrus, and Archmage Arugal (probably a mage legendary)

SFK is more of a horde (especially undead) sided in terms of story. Durnholde may be the other option and it is really close to AV. It also is neutral, but its story doesn’t really fit the current AV curve.

Hey, I got a somewhat crazy idea. What if a mini-set theme would be Southshore vs Tarren Mill? That’ll be amazing and will perfectly fit the overall PvP theme of the current addon.

Alterac mini set being another dungeon? Feels like big non sence, wc n dm (15-16 lvl+ or so) are leveling dungeon close to locations you either start or visit asap, av is 60 lvl pvpve battleground, what makes you think its going to be another dungeon? Id guess raid. Maybe another pvp content.

1 Like

Rotation usually happens in April, so I think “time is running out” is overstating things more than a little. And they don’t do as big a lead up to the minisets as they do regular expansions, so there’s plenty of time for them to drop a mini set.

I was just assuming dungeon because the last two were themed around dungeons (Barrens-Wailing Caverns, Stormwind-Deadmines). In addition, the dungeons were more lore-wise towards one side than the other in classic, due to their locations (It wasn’t you couldn’t go to them as the other side; it was just it wasn’t as convient to get there)

If its going to be a dungeon, it’ll probably be a dungeon that is more even to both Alliance and the Horde since this is an Alliance AND Horde based set. It’s likely to be a nearby dungeon, but they may surprise us and do something like Straholme.

Or like an earlier poster said, it could be themed around a PVP type area like Mill and South shore. But one based around an iconic pvp battleground could work too like Arathi or Warsong Gulch.