Wildfire refund

Hi, just want to say that since Wildfire cannot be used by even Mage anymore, this should also be refunded.

lol so edgy /20chars

2 Likes

No and this is the exact sort of thinking that got Genn and Baku banished from standard a year early. 1 mana nerfs or buffs need to be possible without having to worry about how that impacts even and odd decks

9 Likes

Or play Baku Elemental Ping like A REAL MAGE.

5 Likes

I have to agree here Even Hero Power mage was indeed a thing and many only crafted the card to play this style, its only fair to have the card on full dust refund.

And you cant even pair the card with Mordresh in Odd since it remains even.

1 Like

By this logic shouldn’t every card that gets a mana buff be refundable because it might happen to be ran in some niche Genn or Baku deck?

3 Likes

Buff it to 0 cost. Any mana changes can be done this way to avoid odd/even problems. Or even better, get the right cost when it’s printed.

0 mana, are You ok? No right

1 Like

No. They need to be able to adjust cards by 1 mana. It’s the smallest adjustment they can make so that needs to be available without having to worry about odd and even decks in wild. Saying “well just be perfect” is way easier said than done and getting there is a lot harder if they need to go back to taking into account odd and even decks. They made balancing the game impossible because they take away that ability to safely adjust cards by 1 mana. That’s why they rotated them a year early, making small balance adjustments was damn near impossible when they had to consider if they adjust a card by 1 mana how it effects all odd or even decks that it could never have seen play in before. You ever wonder why they haven’t gone back to this particular well in years? This is why, it’s a design and balancing nightmare.

1 Like

Problem here is.

It isn’t up to blizzard to decide what is a nerf or a buff.

Any change should be considered for refund by the simple fact that isn’t what was advertised during the expansion launch.

Exactly what you’re reading. Even “buffed” cards should be considered for refund. It is Just a straight fact.

2 Likes

Mordred should cost 7 and deal 8 dmg.

Except it’s trivially obvious that making a card cost less mana is a buff. It’s not what was advertised initially, it’s better. You’re not getting compensation for that. Have you ever seen someone walk into a store, see an item for 50% off, then complain that they were expecting to play more? Probably not because that’s ridiculous.

1 Like

No it isn’t.

Not goes in even deck, If there was any synergy now or in the future about costing 2 It will also not work, charge 50% less charges of celestial Ink.

And like i said. What If i wanted a bad card? Anyone asked me that?

Just the fact It was changed It already warrant a refund. It doesn’t matter if people consider the New one better or worse.

Why?

It isn’t what i paid for. This is the point.

Surely we can go on many other aspects like the policy you have to check before enter but if we go straight by the basics it really doesn’t matter If It is a buff or a nerf as long as the card changed.

2 Likes

It is something better than what you paid for a huge chunk of the time. The compensation you get is that the card is better the huge majority of the time. There might be a few niche cases where a card costing more might be better but that still doesn’t make the card worth refunding.

The only cases where I’d agree with you are on cards like Mordresh or Willow where they lowered the cost but also lowered the stats on the card so there there’s an actual argument that could be made that in some ways the card was made worse. Making a spell that cost 2 cost 1 with the same effect is unambiguously better in almost all cases though

Like i said.

Who asked for a better card?

Who said someone didn’t like It because It was pure garbage and take exactly because of that?

Saying before and saying again. It really doesn’t matter if It is a nerf or a buff.

If someone changes your product you paid for a refund is warranted.
It is the only honest way of going about It.

You do not get refunds when you get a free upgrade. That never happens anywhere and isn’t going to happen here either.

3 Likes

Yes it does.

In my country Brazil is exactly what happens unless the upgrade is optional.

Many said they would never give the possibility of buy stuff out of bundles like it’s obrigatory here and know what?

It did take some time but now we can.

In America that doesn’t happen

In America it doesn’t happen because We have less consumer protection than any other industrialized Nation.
“Let the buyer beware” is the only business rule that corporatists actually believe in.

“Buyer beware you might get a better product for free” sounds like a ridiculous warning to have to give. I’m also reasonably confident there’s something about this in the EULA that everyone agreed to upon installing the game