Why remove quests from BG?

Literally the best mechanic that was added in the game and you removed it. I just really don’t understand you Blizzard sometimes… I’m trying my best to analyze and understand your decisions but I just can’t. Way to kill the hype once again. Congrats!

8 Likes

Yes, it’s very boring without quests, buddies or darkmoon tickets. I liked buddies best but quests was also good. The hero pool is too unbalanced without some mechanic to level the playing field.

2 Likes

Buddies got out of hand and took up board space late game - wasn’t a huge fan. Quests were damn near perfect.

No idea why they got rid of Quests. I haven’t seen a single explanation or reason.

2 Likes

It was fun. Blizzard doesn’t like fun.

3 Likes

Because they dont want anything distracting you of their new so called super Undead :stuck_out_tongue:

Until you get so sick of them (if havent already) and see them in your nightmares, maybe we’ll have some undead quests :expressionless:

Blizzard should add everything to Battlegrounds.
All Tribes, Prices, Quests, Buddies and Tickets.
That would be pretty funny.

1 Like

they want a different mechanic for each season

1 Like

The mechanic they went for this season was, “It’s the same as every other season before quests except this time everyone is stuck trying to force Undead and suffer from low rolling way more often.”

It’s super engaging.

its Undead or URdead… its sad they promote their broke card class and rig every other class

1 Like

no mechanics isn’t a mechanic.

I said this before (minus prices): everything in, but 20% change each game to mix it up, that way it wasn’t stale. No banned tribes, quests, prizes, buddies, tickets, or insane mode where everything was in.

They ALWAYS do this, so it shouldn’t come as a surprise.

I wouldn’t mind having the first two weeks without anything like quests, tickets, buddies etc., but then toss in a rotation on a weekly basis or each game it’s random. The only issue would be they need to develop new buddies or heroes not around during “Buddies”.

I fully support the OP. Removing quests made the game boring, there was so much more to take into account when playing…

2 Likes

Quest meta was just about the worst the mode has ever been.

You either got a good quest you could complete in very few turns or you lost. It was always feast or famine and it was easy mode for linear thinkers.

The current meta rewards players who understand deeper synergies than “me make um big” to win.

I am happy quests are gone and hope they never return. They were only created to distract us from the fact that they paywalled four choices, making the lobby p2w… and clearly you were all fooled.

Now that the paywall has been here for a few months, people seem to have forgotten how much of a difference four choices makes… and now they’re paying the price for not coming down harder when it was introduced.

Moved and didnt play over a course of a month, just sat down to play again tonight and noticed the quests are gone. I will most likely be uninstalling at this point. Tired of these games.