Why, oh why, is the timer not shorter?

Let me know why the slow ones take so long and make the timer so short they have no time to think OR just have Speed Games as in Chess. Call them SPEEDY

Returned after many years.

Thanks Blizzard

2 Likes

It should be, especially on consecutive turns with ropers.

1 Like

You’ve gotta be really impatient to think 75 seconds is too long to wait.

I do think having custom rule sets would be cool though. Like a 10 second turn mode would be interesting.

1 Like

Their way to implement that is Nozdormu the Eternal

The one exception to the insane powercreep rule.

If it followed the normal rules, it would require one version in deck and shorten turns to ten seconds or less.

And if it were once, most of the “fix this” side of the situation would agree with you. However, all those seconds add up, especially if you are just trying to get a quick match in and have to deal with some chucklehead or bot roping instead of a real player.

Look up roping, turn, and their synonyms in the forum search. This has a been a problem for quite a while. A bit longer than the botting problem.

If the old forums were around, you’d find posts going over how to address the same problem, and the lack of it being addressed shows how little the devs are in solving yet another problem plaguing the game for ages.

it might be interesting to have different time modes, as in different chess clock games.
a 10 minute chess game is completely different than a 1 minute game, or a 3 minute game where you get 2 seconds added to your clock each time you move.

I actually like the idea of a shorter rope timer with bonus time added the more quickly you take your turn. or a generally quicker rope timer with something like poker where you get, iirc, 3 tokens to extend your time (once per turn). in the case of hearthstone, to reset the rope timer.

of course, someone would abuse that to bm their opponent, but it isn’t as if that doesn’t happen how.

I mean a majority of the time people don’t rope anyway.

idk it just doesn’t seem like a big deal.

I do also still like the idea of custom game rules, one being a much shorter timer for turns. That would be a cool addition as well as a semi solution.

Oh damn, are turns 75 seconds? I always thought they were 90 seconds…feels like 90 anyways