Why no more signature packs?

I mean I guess the answer is simple: money. Without signature packs, the signatures are gonna be way harder to get. They’re gonna be 1 in 20, pity timer at 40 in golden packs, when they were like, what, 1 in 7 in signature packs? I wish they just kept signature packs. We also don’t even get free signatures with the mega bundles like we did with march of the lich king. And the signatures even actually look better now. Oh well.

But they are not normal golden packs either, are they?

I don’t know the english term but in the shop it translates to “improved golden pack”.

So when they introduced signature cards with march of the lich king, the plan was to replace golden card packs with signature golden card packs. The only difference was that they had a majorly increased chance to drop a signature card, and they’re a bit more expensive per pack.

However, it seems with festival of legends, they’re going back to having normal golden packs and not having signature golden packs. So in those, the signatures will drop like 1/20 as opposed to 1/7. This makes signature cards way harder to get. So I’m just saying this kinda sucks. I would have gladly paid for signature golden packs.

Looks like they were a flop to the playerbase. Acti blizz probably wanted to cash in but since these cards were so ugly the demand wasnt there so sales for these packs were probably very low. In my opinion I think they should not even concentrate on creating gimmicks like this but instead concentrate on making better designed cards and sets.

Eh I disagree. The expansions are fine. More than fine actually. I’ve been playing since idr around knights of the frozen throne and it just hasn’t been more exciting than the last year or so.

I think it’s natural and smart to expand like with the art direction.

1 Like

Golden Packs and Signature Golden Packs

Cards found in Golden packs and/or Signature Golden packs will always be Golden or Signature quality. When opening Golden or Signature Golden packs of cards, you will get a:

• [Signature Golden Packs Only] On average, 15.1% chance to get a Signature Legendary card and guaranteed to get one within 14 packs from the previous Signature Legendary card drop
  • On average, 5.0% chance to get a Signature Legendary card and guaranteed to get one within 40 packs from the previous Signature Legendary card drop
    • Note: Signature quality cards can only be obtained from golden expansion set card packs from the Festival of Legends expansion and onward
  • On average, 5.0% chance to get a Golden Legendary card and guaranteed to get one within 40 packs from the previous Golden Legendary card drop
    • Note: One Golden Legendary card is guaranteed within the first 10 packs of a new card expansion, then subsequent Golden Legendary card drops will follow the above rule
  • On average, 21.0% chance to get a Golden Epic card and guaranteed to get one within 10 packs from the previous Golden Epic card drop
  • Each Golden card pack is guaranteed to contain at least one Golden Rare card or better per pack
  • Remaining cards will be Golden Common cards on average of 3.7 cards per pack

I think the line to pay attention to, Signature quality cards can only be obtained from golden expansion set card packs from the Festival of Legends expansion and onward*

lol yes thank you this adds no new information whatsoever