Why is this game getting so childish

This game is a part of the Warcraft franchise, which is, as you can see the word in, all about War. Therefore, I cannot see why the artistic direction is taking such path of toning down everything silly parents and organizations believe is inappropriate for children, which the game was not designed for in the first place.

The fact is, anyone under 10 years of age is not smart enough to play this game successfully to begin with.

Plus, reaching the age of 10, children already have a good idea of ​​what is good or bad, and therefore won’t go nuts after seeing anything that can be perceived as violent.

Basically, what can be shown to kids this age;

• images depicting dangerous-looking weapons
  • images depicting characters holding or using dangerous-looking weapons
  • images depicting the destruction of the body of characters …

(Notice I am not even mentioning the depiction of blood in the list above…)

Finally, if you guys at Hearthstone staff be removing every tiny bit of violence from this game, it will simply end up looking both silly and boring, end of the line.

1 Like

was playing Mortal Kombat(SNES) and Killer Instinct games(SNES) at the age of 8 XD

idea of good or bad ? they know right away whats right and wrong…however smartness in knowing weither their act is right or wrong is another thing…but stuff like whacking ppl they should know what pain feel like(parents teaching should prevent stuff like what ya have in mind) unless they are innerently evil and love harming others…sight of blood is not an issue either(if they were taught to not whack other because that cause pain they wont start whacking either after seeing blood unless they are mentally deranged)

blame the US market. there are plenty of card games and other games for that matter that has been “censored” before entering the american market to avoid getting sued by different lobbying groups for whatever that group think is inappropriate for their represented customers.

the very early yugioh cards had to be censored on their ‘solemn’-cards (direct translation from japanese was divine) because christian groups didnt like that they hinted at god and had angel-like details like halos in the images. they also had to censor early cards “because they showed to much skin” for some of the groups liking.

Money > artistic integrity.

Simple really.

Ah yes, the eradication of demons and devils in Magic the Gathering. The reprint of Unholy Strenght without the pentagram. Fun times…

While the classic set is indeed a bit, you know more “serious”, they never really maintained that style. Even since GvG and Naxx they were aiming at a very fun and chill style.

I mean after all, the HS lore comes from the concept of a game played in a friendly tabern.

I wasn’t much older and was playing Wolfenstein 3D and Doom when they came out. Ton of blood and violance. :smiley: