Why is there no way to buy gold in bulk!?

F*** is wrong with you people? This is a largely casual luck-based game, enable people to play Arena without giving you losers $2 a pop! It’s one thing to be mediocre, but greedy too?

1 Like

I agree, $2 is too much for 1 arena run. Especially since you’ll go 0-3 or 1-3 if you haven’t spent tons of real currency on card packs on your account to get good RNG for the card draft.

Nobody ever buys them. If you can play 30 minutes a day, you can earn 3 Arena entries a week. Because you have to spend more Gold than equivalent money because it’s an F2P currency, that’s how it works.

1 Like

I know I’m not going to convince you, but for the purpose of other people reading here: there is actually zero correlation between money spent on the game and luck in the draft.

I am on a completely F2P account. Zero money spent on cards, zero on arena, zero on adventures, and zero on cosmetics.
And yet, half my arena runs are above average luck in the draft, and half are below average luck in the draft.
(See: https://www.heartharena.com/profile/bighugger)

3 Likes

The cards you have aren’t supposed to influence arena drafts, although luck is a big component. I’m actually surprised by the pay walls in this game. I’m on an old account. Hadn’t logged in for years. Aside from the battlefield or whatever it is there’s nothing I can do without coughing up money beyond what you pay for non f2p games. It pisses me off that a relatively simple, relatively crappy game like Hearthstone is this financially aggressive. With the power and randomness involved now it also seems harder to have consistently good arena runs. I would have liked to buy arena tickets in bulk but they didn’t think of making that an option. In my opinion you have to be a loser to work on a game like this, but you get rewarded for it. Chances are in constructed, after all these years, you’re still playing/“piloting” (lol) standard decks where luck and matchups are the biggest determinants.

This game can be an ok waste of time, a different experience, but the pay wall is pathetic. I think it’s shameful, but if abysmal phone games can do it so can the pretentious clowns at Blizzard. I wish their visual and sound teams could work elsewhere.

If you’re going to make a silly game at least let people play it at reasonable prices. Makes me scowl.

1 Like

There are no pay walls. As mentioned above, I play this game for many years already and have never paid even a single dime.

The closest Heartstone has right now to a pay wall is the perks in Battlegrounds. They are not needed but give a huge advantage. And they are really expensive: 2500 gold is a lot and most F2P players cannot spare than without hurting their collection progress too much. Which means either you do pay the gold and accept less cards, or you pay money, or you don’t get the perks and then either stop battlegrounds or accept you’re at a disadvantage.

In Arena there is no pay wall at all. If you count the value of the rewards, you (on average!) break even if you average 3 wins per run. Which means a 50/50 win rate: being the average player. Even if your average run is below 50, it’s easy to earn the required gold through daily quests.

If constructed, you can choose: get a great collection of cards fast (by dropping money on the game) or built your collection slowly over time (which can be done and takes zero monetary investment). So here, the pay wall only exists if for some reason you “need” to get high ranks within a few months of starting the game.
(Or, as in your case, restarting after a long absence).

Hearthstone definitely has a “pay to advance faster” model. Whether you like that or not is personal. I understand the money needs to come from somewhere, and I am glad others are prepared to pay so I don’t have to.
The term “paywall” is used for content that can ONLY be accessed after paying. The only content in Hearthstone that is actually paywalled is visuals: some hero skins and some cardbacks that can only be obtained by spending real money. Apart from those visual upgrades, everything can be unlocked by investing time, or money … player’s choice.

Lol, there are absolutely pay walls! I don’t have a competitive deck for constructed and Arena costs $2 a pop! Only bottom-feeders will argue that you’re supposed to grind like a monkey. What’s funny to me is putting these walls up on a silly game like Hearthstone. Totally reminds you of pathetic cell phone games.

You do not break even with 3 wins average factoring in quests. There are several assumptions involved in this that make it a silly statement in practice, but obviously I’m not surprised someone on a Hearthstone forum would resort to such an argument.

Really, I don’t mean to be having a conversation with someone who is more than glad to bend over and grab his or her ankles for a game. It just disgusts me that a relatively simple, relatively crappy game like Hearthstone restricts whatever gameplay value it has to a debilitating degree. I laugh out loud at the notion of logging in for 30 minutes every day hoping to get lucky with quests and scrounge up breaking even on gold by getting a corresponding Arena hero, winning 50% of your games, and avoiding the card dust. I’m still not sure that equates to 90 gold from Arena either! You people are pathetic to defend such a practice. Accumulating cards for constructed, especially when factoring in the quality of gameplay and necessary monotony, is probably an even worse proposition. But forget it, I know you’re too dumb to believe any better and you’ll do with what you’re given. Just the whole thing pisses me off.

God, stupid people annoy me to no end. This clown is challenging pay wall on semantics too! Ugh, feels like I need to shower after being on a gaming forum.

im f2p and is top 800 legend, funny how i seems to dodge every paywall in existence then.

1 Like

Because you’ve either been playing this game like a loser for years or you have masochistic tolerance for playing the same thing over and over again. There’s little impressive about you being “legend”, it’s not like you’re there because of a deck you thought of.

By the way, 0 gold out of a 2-win Arena yesterday. Wonder what that guy was factoring in his average.

ah yes, the good old “insult everyone when they dont agree with you”-defense

4 Likes

Great, because that saves me the effort of having to respond to someone who doesn’t care about facts, doesn’t read what I write, responds with insults instead of arguments, and has already made up their mind that their inability to hit legend can only be attributed to a paywall and not to their own lack of skill or patience.

Have fun insulting others. I’m out, going to play a game I enjoy. Perhaps you should try to find one that suits your level better?

2 Likes

55 gold from a 4-win run! lol Gotta love them kids and their facts. By the way, there is no legend in Arena. Hitting legend in constructed with other people’s decks doesn’t make you special, unless you capitalize the s. How much time do you people sink into something that’s meaningless?

lmao

Gold is an F2P currency, therefore it has separate values and can differ from actual dollars. Many Gold purchases are more expensive than Arena. Play instead of drafting 10 times a day, it is not the main way to play. Nobody ever buys Arena tickets with real money except in Tavern Pass unless they are draft addicts like you.

So they can easily offer bundled Arena tickets instead. They have them as part of that battlegrounds or whatever package. The point is that what is essentially predatory pricing, while it can make loser developers and companies money, limits a game’s appeal likely well below an optimal level.

By the way, for the person who claimed 3 wins + a quest evens you out, got another run around this average, this time at 3, with only 25-30 gold. You need 90, assuming you reroll a quest to get 60 which sometimes you won’t get the corresponding hero for. Card dust often kills your gold at 2-4 wins, not sure if it even appears at more wins (have gotten a few runs higher). I’m also not sure if it was this dilutive before. And now that I have spent a bunch of time playing Arena I’m pretty confident chance has become a bigger factor.

I think this time around I’ll either play this game as a joke or move on quickly. It’s sad how developers don’t seem to have much inner fire anymore. I don’t know if financial clowns compel them into doing what they do but the gaming industry as a whole seems to lack exciting ideas.

PS

Calling people who would like to play multiple Arenas per day “addicts” does the opposite of what you think. What a sad place this whole thing is.

A pack is worth nothing to you? Cards? It’s pretty abnormal for even streamers who play every day to play multiple times expecting 5+ wins. There is no point to buy Gold in bulk because Arena is a dead mode anyways, it is a risk strategy mode for seasoned players, not some fun mode for random casuals to play unlimited times. Arena is an alternate mode like BG, you should play constructed first. If you don’t like this create your own game. The current expansion have been one of the most balanced and the BG meta is good, Arena is almost dead. ARENA ISN’T FOR YOU TO PLAY REGULARLY, that’s all.

1 Like

l o l gfdasgadsfasdfs

STOP spamming, this isn’t draft game, it’s an alternate mode, not the main game. If you want to draft multiple times expecting 5+ wins, play LoR.

I’m amazed there are people like you out there.

I am amazed at the minority such as you, the draft addict. No card game players draft 3+ times a day expecting multiple wins, it’s just not how it works.

Blizzard games are the ones where you either have little choices or grind. Many people like the games, but not for their disadvantage. Blizzard develops more PC and console games. This is an ad free and everything is accessible game if you play 30 MINUTES a day. If you want to do something you should do once a week multiple times a day (like Golfing or a card game draft), you are addicted.