Why is there no way to buy gold in bulk!?

Like I said, this is the business model for kids with low standards who drool in front of their screens. And no, Blizzard games aren’t like this, even Heroes of the Storm isn’t at this level.

lmao

How old are you, sweetheart?

PS

Another 4-win Arena run, 55 gold.

How come many 50 year old adults got the pass and tons of packs by playing 30 minutes a day? You shouldn’t blame a game and say it’s for little children (it’s rated TEEN) because it limits your access to something you love. All modes and all cards are accessible by F2P. WHY would you want bulk Gold when you can EARN tons of them by yourself? Gold and money ratio is nonexistent, it depends on a player’s situation, a seasoned player can earn a bunch of rewards with just the $2 (only stupid money wasters wants to buy something not worth a dollar for $2 :joy:). 4 wins is pretty much noob level, and a random pack is around 50 Gold in terms of mathematical value. Don’t lie, you want 3+ drafts a day with 5+ wins, when you need to actually improve in deck building skills. Hearthstone isn’t some crappy mobile game for children (Pokémon and other games are), it is one of, if not the biggest in the world. Go play Legends of Runterra, you will love it. I would love a new common enemy in here.

That person would be me.
I stressed the word “average”. I also stressed that this is the number when you compare it to buying latest-expansion packs with gold.

Averages are much more complicated than you appear to think. So your posting of “I had 3 wins and got 25-30 gold so there” proves nothing except your lack of understanding.

Let’s build this from the start. (Most of the number below are rounded).

To get an average 3-win run over a long period, you have to have an average win rate of 50%. With that average win rate, you will NOT have only 3-win results. No. You will have 12.5% 0-win; 18.75% 1-win, 18.75% 2-win, 15.63% 3-win, 11.72% 4-win, 8.2% 5-win, 5.47% 6-win, 3.52% 7-win, 2.19% 8-win, 1,34% 9-win, 0.81% 10-win, 0.48% 11-win, and 0.65% 12-win. That in total then gives you the average 3 wins per run. Or, rather, 2.99 wins per run.

With those runs, and based on average reward information I have collected over the course of 623 arena runs (source data available at https://www.heartharena.com/profile/bighugger), this same 50% win rate with the above distribution of results will give you an (again: AVERAGE!) result of 52.76 gold, 11.89 dust, 1.01 packs (1 of which is latest expansion, the extra 0.01 can as far as I know be any standard expansion), and 0.20 cards (of which 0.026 are golden) per run.

You could have spent 100 gold on a single latest expansion pack. Instead, you spend 50 gold extra, and were rewarded with 52.76 gold, 11.89 dust, 0.01 packs, and 0.20 cards extra. You’re ahead!

So, what if you don’t care about packs? What if you just want to play Arena and not any other modes?
Yeah, then you better “git gud”. If all the packs, dust, and cards mean absolutely nothing to you, then either pay to play, or get good enough to ensure an average 150 gold return from your runs.
Here’s how good you need to get for this to happen. You have to make sure that you win no less than 70% of your games. If you are that good, you’ll still have 2.7% 0-win runs, and 5.67% 1-win runs. I’ll spare you all the numbers, just the high end: 5.03% 10-win, 4.16% 11-win, and a whopping 16.08% 12-wins. Your average run will end at 6.44 wins. And that will give you an average reward of 152.18 gold per run. (Plus 9.8 dust, 1.05 packs, and 0.42 cards, but we already established that in this scenario you don’t care).

TL;DR: I didn’t just “claim” something. I happen to love collecting data. I also happen to be fairly good at maths.
And I know that my 623 runs are not enough to be statistically significant for rewards per riun, so the actual rewards might be up to perhaps 10% lower or higher.

2 Likes

I think its good.arena should be considerated a bigger step or it would be a trap for newer players

have you never played a card game outside of the internet? do you think you could just walk into walmart and get free Magic cards because you wanted them? i’m a brand new player and was surprised by how much free crap i got from just playing through the newbie stuff. i have only paid for the intro set which was like $5 and $3 on two packs of scholo cards. it seems if you actually like to play all the time you can get pretty much whatever you want eventually for free. i also got a free new warlock deck for getting into bronze which was awesome! i used to pay lots of money for x men cards that literally did nothing but look cool. because i wanted them and to me they were cool as heck. i also pay $15 a month plus i just spent $80 on shadowlands too because i support the people who make the things i enjoy. i also buy pokeballs in pokemon go sometimes as well. because ultimately… time is money, friend. you either spend time or money on hobbies. sometimes both. at least with hearthstone you can do most things just by putting in time.

2 Likes