Why is Mutanus not a Protector?

I mean, he has it all, the slow attack speed on his first attack, the Taunt ability. You’d figure he’d be a Protector, but instead he’s a Fighter. Just seems weird to me.

Why are Furion and Thrall protectors? Why is Uther a caster with mage-like abilities?

I guess that’s more of a flavour thing, but honestly the actual roles don’t really matter much for what they decided was a protector, fighter or caster. Ragnaros and Furion literally have mage kits but they’re still protectors.

I think he’s the only fighter with taunt, so that does give him a unique niche, and otherwise he’s very much focused on gaining stats and killing things with attacks. But then so is Grom and he’s a protector.

Do you really think a cannibalistic murloc would be a protector?

Do you know what kind of messed up creatures live in our world? Don’t judge, man.

1 Like

uther used to be a priest before being a paladin it should not be a surprise.
he is basically a priest carrying a warhammer because someone order him to do it.

malfurion is …
i give up on explaining that one, i don’t even understand the concept of druid.

druid have many version of explanation.

Paladins are 100% guardians. Uther’s WC3 kit is based on healing, but they’re also martial warriors with weapons.

In Mercenaries he’s basically a mage. It’s not the worst fit, but it’s weird for a guy’s who defining feature is lugging around a giant two-handed mace.

Furion’s always been basically a nature mage.

The point is, the 3 roles are only loosely defined, and they’re totally cool with guardian mages, fighter mages or even tanky, bulky caster hybrids like Guff.

The game would be pretty boring otherwise.

1 Like

to be fair,
he revive people on WC 3

he is a wizard harry.

WoW: Paladin has 3 specializations. Protection(Tank), Retribution(Damage), and Holy(Healer).

Maybe they’re saving the murloc protector slot for Sir Finley. Paladin was one of his classes in Tombs of Terror.

I’m aware of this. None of those include “Mage”.

He has one support ability, the other two are damaging abilities. I just wish they’d done more stuff that felt Uther-y. His kit feels more like something Whitemane or Anduin should have had.

1 Like

Gruul’s abilities fit better for a Fighter, his only defensive thing is the Task 7 equipment. Guff feels like a Protector, with Taunt and a slow attack. Ragnaros is all out damage, but classified as a Protector. Lady Anacondra has summoning & healing, but is a Fighter.

It seems more like mercs aren’t grouped according to their abilities, but rather how they balance with other mercs.

Probably for the same reason Anacondra is fighter and not caster…just wierd.

Guff has taunt, everyone likes Guff.

guff have solid damage output,
malfurion allow guff to kill someone before other team can move on turn 2.

You do know it’s a fictional character, right?
Right?!
What can we “judge” on?
Respective deck qualities, strats, or is that too “judgmental.”
It’s a solid question, and one among many about this game that boggles the mind. Oops, there I go being judgmental.

You do know what that was in response to, right? It wasn’t about deck qualities or strats. It was about the fact that a fictional character was “cannibalistic”.

And?
I fail to see the point that you being “judgmental” about someone making a comment about a fictional character suddenly needed some real world meta commentary.