Why is a dual class format still not a thing?

As the title says. I understand that some disgusting OTK would be possible, but that’s already a problem in Hearthstone as is. And no reason they couldn’t ban cards from the format. Could even ban them with specific dual classes during deck creation. I just think it would be really fun. And with Twist being a mode that exists; I’m even more baffled this hasn’t been experimented with. The Dual class characters in Duels are, in my opinion, some of the most fun the game has to offer.

1 Like

I agree. While I’ve never done duels, some of my favorite times in Hearthstone are when the Halloween Arena mode comes out and you can choose two classes. But then I think, you know that super amazing classic card game called Magic in which you can build your deck based around either single mana system or dual/multiple mana system? Heck, we even already have it with class-adjacent cards such as the Gadgetzan multi-class cards. Just expand on that and make dual-classes a “thing”. Honestly, it’s one of the only places left for Hearthstone to go when it comes to design space. So may as well lean into it. You never know, maybe it’s exactly what the game needs.

1 Like

I don’t remember all duels special characters but let’s say they’d be 10
That’s 10 class combinations you have to pay attention to
If you allow all classes to combine with all other classes, that’s 55 combinations you have to look for
Sure you can balance that, but I don’t think they are willing to spend time for that.
And even more than always I anticipate that the community will just trashtalk how the game is unbalanced in such a format

It’s actually easy and sound logic, “if everything is broken, nothing is”

1 Like