Why everyone so down on demons/Jurraxus

Ironically I just got 1st as Jar XD

Fun thing: no demons till turn 8. And that means DIDN’t see a single ONE.

But I got battlemaster as my first discover at t4, it carried me in the last round against deathrattle ratking. One bm pretty much fought half of his units…

Yes this is something to consider,you will have a more easy time buying the demons then the cards that everyone else is going for. Still,of all those people trying to get mechs and menagerie,1 or 2 of them will succeed and then beat you in the end. But others will fail and those you can beat,ending up maybe between 6 and 3 which isn’t all that horrible.
Still the best demon,battlemaster,is a card that most players will try to get for menagerie.
That is also something to consider,your lategame units are contested so the advantage of having easier picks early on (which is already slightly ofsetted by having worse synergys in general) disappears at the endgame.

1 Like

I like jaraxxus, I feel he is very underrated. He is more RNG based than the other tribe leaders were, but it is easy to stay tier one and reroll for demons, and get a very strong line early, then buff them through mid game.

I don’t care for voidlord or soul juggler, because I feel you need to get the upgraded soul juggler for him to be decent late game and it is very hard to buff him, and the voidlord has taunt built in so he tends to go down first, and you need malganis to make him work.

I would say demons are better than murlocs, but that may no longer be true with recent updates. It requires sitting at low tier to collect triples, then quickly upgrading to tier 4 to cash the triples in and get either malganis or bronzebeard, or even battlemaster. It is risky, but with a relatively early malganis or bronzebeard demons can destroy mid game and with jaraxxrus, they can scale into late game competitively.

Got first as Jaraxxus last night. Was able to get a golden wrath weaver early and built it to 44/44. Had a line of huge taunt demons with a void lord and the ended with a golden Soul Juggler. Final game I was against someone with a beast build and my soul juggler pinged their mama bear early and the game was pretty much over at that point. As the games go longer, Jaraxxus really shines because you can use your HP every time.

Happened again. Went Jaraxxus and Patches and Daryl immediately go nuts on demons and empty the pool out. Got knocked out at 7th by patches around turn 6 with double 20+ Wrath Weaver, Juggler and a wall of massive taunts.

What’s with the demon obsession at 5k and why am I the only one experiencing this? o.O

Seph, I’ve been talking with Teal and Null for like 5 days on this forum, anyone who’s reading it may be thinking: “okay, i’ll give it a try, this mech crap isnt working” creating an influx of demon decks which turns the tables on the entire concept of being the only demon deck in the game :frowning:

additionally i have seen a LOT more people playing demons with patches and daryl and amazakaram (secret guy) and even brann (who should obviously be murloc!!! battlecries!) It feels good to see other people trying it out with different combos, but i think a lot of it is just grabbing a tribe early and sticking with it… which is a solid plan… but since people are no longer so anti-demon, it does make juraxxus’ life a good bit harder :frowning:

Beast early game is too good as well. You get ratpack and pack leader and you are set for a couple turns. Mechs seem to be really struggling since the junkbot nerf. Demons are still terrible unless you start dbl wrath weaver and even then they just die to poison amalgums with shields so even with killer demons you get 2nd or third which is ok. I always seem to end up menagerie or beasts. Murlocs I cant live till tavern 6 and when I do and get mega you still miss a lot of poison or shield. Menagarie is easy the best strategy with lightfang. Amalgum needs to be removed from BG. Ratpack needs to goto tier 3. Infested Wolf to 2. I got to 6000 MMR then got crushed as demons three times in a row.

I’m ok with that, the more people playing demons the easier it is to get wins :grinning:

I mean, I’m not complaining, it’s more amusing. Fair play to Patches, using his extra health as a resource to build huge Wrath Weavers, it’s a viable strat. George can make it work too and it’s ok as a second tribe for shudder alongside the pogos. The others tend to get wrecked though. I guess early Wraths are just too fun even if it’s bad.

Beasts are very strong early/mid though you always risk getting your pack leader sniped. Golden ratpack seems solid throughout the game,even without heyena or pack leader. It does deal so much damage in close games when you get 7 rats at the end who survive. On the other hand beasts are bad lategame so you might get stuck with your beasts and boardspace might heavily limit the value you will get.

In opening murlocs feel the strongest
In midgame beasts feel the strongest (you will need a divine shield taunt to protect against possible snipes or just roll the dice)
In lategame mech/menagerie feels strongest.

Maybe I see this wrong though,i am open to different points of vieuw.

Demon are still awful even if it’s a really cool tribe. Like people said no divine shield, no poisonous (unless you can get two huge amalgam). The more the game last, the more you get less chance to win. The Soul Juggler fall off late and I rather have two on the board to clean token and divine shield than one 6/6 that deals 6.

On the other hand you got tons of good demons at tier 5 and do a lot of damage early on to finish the game quickly. Playing at 6350 MMR and managed to go first twice with Demon by managing a quick ending.

But it was with Yogg and Shudderwock. Jaraxxus has one of the best HP… but for one tribe. You don’t get demon, you are screwed. It’s too much of a gamble. George might be the best hero to play with demons. Maybe Daryl in second so you can get healthier Juggler that can hold late.

But overall it’s still the (at least my) worst tribe. Went demons 12 times the past two days and ended up fifth place on average, not worth it. You need to much luck on the drops early because the good demons or demon related cards are very specific and rare. Plus there is a good chance that you gonna take a lot of damage early on with some wrath weavers or some homonculus. You are usually insanely strong mid game if you had some decent drops but if you can’t wrap it up quickly, you will die fast.

Edit : just did top one with Jaraxxus with… Murloc of course. Nice hero power by the way…