Why everyone so down on demons/Jurraxus

Why’s everyone so down on demons… I have a 100% win rate (1st place) with juraxxis… never played him prebuff, so it mighta been bad then, but almost nobody plays demons so u get the bucket to yourself (minus a couple early game grabs for taunt)

Because you consistantly (if not constantly) buff your board, your early minions last thru endgame. I just won one where I never sold a minion except ones i picked up just to battlecry buff my board even more.

TBF my 100% win rate is on 3 games as Juraxxus, but that’s still pretty insane. My last two opps were a golden junkbot board and a poisonous merloc (the beasts i slayed around 4th-6th place, they mighta gotten the roll on me eventually). The murloc deck got one win for like 8 damage one of the 4-5 times we faced off in the top 4, so yeah, rng can kill u almost always.

Jessayin, don’t sleep on juraxxis, play with him some and u’ll learn the fun… you dont get like 20 damage rounds at teir 3/4 (or ever really) but he is actually fairly consistent.

1 Like

It’s still a very small bucket ;). Demons are too inconsistent to get, especially considering that demon endgame is by far the weakest.

The tougher games you play, the more you will want to avoid weak/inconsistent heroes like jaraxxus.
Is he better than Pyramad? Suuure, maybe. But you must be crazy to pick him over Yogg.

There is no way to give them poisonous or divine shield which limits how effective they can be.

You can get Malganis and that card that hurts you for +2/+2 for some decents stats and maybe voidlord but the demons and demon buffers are very inconsistant and maynt times you are burting yourself to play them just to be on an equal playing field.

Think of it this way, which tribe would you play if you had a choice? I suspect very few people would pick demons. It’s hard to say that demons are a good strategy if it’s only good when no one else runs it.

1 Like

i mean, amalgam is a demon… and yes, fought over, but one amalgam can have all that… so can 2, so can a triple plus 2 more…

also, ironically i just played a game where 4 people went demon… i did as yogg, juraxxus did obvi… so did afk and i cant remember the 4th… couldnt get some high end picks because of it… first time ever not winning when tribing demon (although i had no juraxxus to easy button it, so i only took 3rd with yogg)

additionally, to the other post: juraxxus is the most consistant hero/hero power… no randomness to it… pick demons, buff demons. I think you’re referring to the inconsistancy of rnging demons in your tavern… not the hero himself… and further more, I’ve crushed all the other build types with him… i havent gotten a late stage beast deck yet… which was ALL I built before discovering the power of juraxxus… so maybe thats still #1 build

Yes amalgam counts as a demon but again, if you could choose which tribe you wanted to have amalgam in, how often would you prefer to play it demons over merlocs or mechs? Yes you can win with demons you can win harder with other tribe

What is the strongest demon build possible? Possibly some golden soul juggler with golden malganis, some huge alamagam with taunt and poison and divine shield, some huge imp, golden voidlord? And imp gang boss to utilise soul juggler. This board is very 1 dimensional and stats heavy. A bad cleave can kill malganis or imp gang boss. You have a few taunts so it’s hard to position out of cleave range totally. Also, none of those minions scale in the game unlike beast and mechs. Which make it a stats game after alamagam died.

In a battle of stats, a board that don’t scale rely on the RNG of soul juggler to snipe which is inconsistent, also beast have 1 cleave and 2 poison (amalgam and nax), mechs can have a full board of divine shield which is really good in a stats battle. This make demon end game way weaker than the rest if they manage to find their own set of broken draft like golden hyena golden junkbot, golden mama bear or golden wolf (that give +8/+8) etc.

A god murloc build just steamroll the world so they ain’t in the discussion.

For Jaraxxus? Demon taunt wall (any demons) with brann. Preferrably 2 amalgams.

Soul juggler builds fall off as the game progresses.

1 Like

any god deck rolls the mediocre builds… which u just described… a golden malagnis with 80 health isnt getting cleaved… poison is the BIGGEST worry, the only worry really

to be specific on my best builds: all taunt, bran all 100+/100+ taunts on the board

Yep so it’s just a bunch of stats which isn’t the most powerful. In fact you use mech and murloc to help your demon build because demon alone just ain’t good enough.

for the battlecries… yes, then they go

Show me a picture when you can hit such high roll (and my god murloc is still going to win)

when i roll juraxxis again i will. and murlocs usually get whacked, maybe they got bad rng…

and there is a misleading thing i said 100+/100+

i should say XX/100+ or 100+/xx

The murloc build that I consider unbeatable till date was 5 murloc all at about 50 hp, with divine shield windfury and poison. With a golden Barnes and a fel reaver just to remove divine shield (because I am not netferian). Each of my murloc trade into 2 minions well.

If you play demons, your goal should be to win fast. Demons don’t have ultra-endgame. So basically take high tier demons (for face damage; kind of makes amalgam a questionable choice, when I think about it), make them beefy enough to survive and smack ppl down for 20+ damage in midgame. The only way to win with demons.

Yep thats my point. If you roll well end fast, all is good the bunch of stats helps, but people dont choose it because when it reach end end game, it fall off and hence become an issue.

again, yer talking about pretty much a maxroll murloc deck, getting that lucky has got to be hard…

Isn’t that the same as a 100+ hp demons or 80+ malganis? Considering its base golden stats is 16 hp?

Yes, if you get cobalt guardians early and still try to build demons - you’re crazy XD.
That’s why jaraxxus is just so bad. You still have to go for those cobalts and then you have no hero power.
Then you get to lategame and get totally spanked by George’s demon lineup (all DS’ed). And here you thought Jaraxxus was the demon hero…

P.S. Just making some fun of poor Jaraxxus, lord of Sacrificial pact to the face.

not unfair…

but i get the right taverns more with juraxxus… small samply size maybe

Right after our forum chit chat, i just got this.

The Nerferian dream

All of them have windfury which isnt shown.