Why Don’t You Spend Money On Hearthstone?

I can usually still find some mode in Hearthstone that I enjoy. These days it tends to mostly be Arena, Twist, specific Tavern Brawls, and a little bit of F2P BGs (depending on the season).

The current state of most of the constructed modes provides such a poor play experience that I do not bother to play them, which means I no longer have a reason to pay to support them, which brings me to your second question:

I post threads on the forum of a game that I play in an attempt to influence the devs to improve the game.

Some examples of things that I had suggested and campaigned for in the HS forums that came to be:

My past recommendations included:

1). More decks slots, which was a real battle to get.
2). To maintain the weekly pack reward for winning the first Tavern Brawl.
3). Expanded ranks (beyond 20) on ladder to help create a “kiddie pool” where new players could learn and explore the game while not being preyed upon as much by veteran players. Many Veteran players said this idea would do nothing and it would never happen.
4). I suggested adding more floors to the ladder to create breakpoints where players could experiment with new decks without being severely punished for doing so—and to stop end of season de-ranking by players who wanted to farm new players at lower ranks under the old rewards system.
5). Arena-like rewards for climbing ranks on the ladder, which many players said was unneeded and would never happen, but it happened.

6). I was the first person in the forums to recommend a one-time purchasable bundle for an extremely good value in packs in order to swing non-spending F2P players into spending money on the game. Hey, once a player made a single purchase, they were no longer a 100 percent F2P player anymore, which meant they were more likely to spend more on the game.

7). Duplicate protection for Legendary cards, and I was truly amazed and pleased when it happened—especially, since it included duplicate protection for Epics, Rares, and Commons—something I never suspected they would do.

Anyways, the moment I cannot find any pleasure left in playing HS is the moment I will say goodbye to the game, just as I did for WoW or games like Marvel Snap.

2 Likes