Battlegrounds …

Since your posts suggests that you think I am just deadbeat F2P player, who is just sponging off the kindness of the game’s creators, I thought I would provide a little of my player history.

I started playing in the middle of Season 1, and I quickly started spending money on Hearthstone.

Early on, I got the idea that Arena might be the best way to farm gold in the game by going “unlimited,” since I was very experienced at drafting cards from playing a lot of MTG (I was once briefly ranked among the top 100 players in the world for Limited in MTG).

I actually dropped $100 or more into buying Arena drafts, but I was never ever able to average 7 wins. Arena purchases were probably one of my worst investments into the game, so I spent my free time mostly playing WoW and casually playing Standard.

During September 2004, they had a pirate-themed card back that I thought was cool looking and it would make great addition to pirate decks, so I got idea of creating two more Hearthstone accounts, and then a collection on all three servers (Asia, EU, NA) for each of the three Bnet accounts. You were limited to three Bnet accounts back then.

https://imgur.com/a/K18zehF

So I got the Pirates card back for all nine of my collections. Then I decided to use the gold collected from completing quests on my 8 F2P collections to get better at Arena. It seemed better plan than spending real money to get more practice at Arena. But I kept getting distracted by Standard and spent most my playtime experimenting on the Ladder.

Anyways, on my main NA account, I have spent quite a bit money on the game, which is reflected in the dust resources that I still currently have:

https://imgur.com/a/0z3xvsl

Having those 8 F2P collections kept me very in touch with both the F2P and new player experiences, which is why I used to advocate for improvements to the new player experience by recommending such things as expanded ranks for new players below Rank 20 and more “floors” for some ranks beyond just the only one that existed at Rank 20.

I have always understood the importance of a large F2P player-base to Hearthstone’s success and future.

I was the first person in the forums to recommend a one-time purchasable bundle for an extremely good value in packs in order to swing non-spending F2P players into spending money on the game. Hey, once a player made a single purchase, they were no longer a 100 percent F2P player anymore, which meant they were more likely to spend more on the game.

The devs acted on this suggestion and The Welcome Bundle was created.

Now, since I have not been happy about the gross amount of powercreep, bad balance, and broken cards constantly being added to Hearthstone, I stopped spending money on the game, and my last purchase was a $5 bundle in 2020.