Why doesn't Witch's Brew say Echo?

Is there a reason for it not to use the Echo keyword? The effect seems to be the same, so why not just use echo? Seems rather inconsistent…which is consistent with Blizzard’s development since they cannot ever be consistent with effects but still this seems like such a weird oversight…

5 Likes

Because Echo is limited to The Witchwood expansion. There have been no Echo cards since then and the one card that could have been Echo released before The Witchwood was not retrofitted to be an Echo card.

1 Like
  1. Tthat’s a stupid reason not to use the keyword if it exists already
  2. They said that they’d bring back one keyword for each class from the respective expansion of the character, in this case Hagatha brought back an echo card for shaman only, except its not echo for no real reason…
9 Likes

That’s not what they said.

They said they’d give each of the villains a callback card that referred to the expansion they were from.

The “Forbidden” cards don’t use a keyword, the “Omega” cards don’t use a keyword, the “Unidentified” cards don’t use keywords, the “Golden Monkey” effect on Rafaam is not a keyword.

2 Likes

Well think about the priest card arms or whatever its called it has a side effect giving you a card “more arms” which is basicly twin spell. Also look at the old God that summons a minion out of the deck(I know the name but not going to butcher it) that is recruit key word.

I feel like they test ideas with a single card and test it out till they know how it fully interacts with the game. I know they are a year ahead of the game in terms of expansions so who knows.

1 Like

Yeah if they have a keyword that describes the cards action then they need to stick to it. Discover came from an expansion and we still get plenty of those…

7 Likes

“In one year when Witchwood rotates out, new players will be too stupid to learn a single keyword.”
Pretty much what they said.

5 Likes

They really should stick with them. Feels rather condescending for Blizz to think people are so stupid they would forget a word, especially when the description of mechanics is written on the side if you hover over the card…

Blizz’s Hearthstone team is really consistently being inconsistent with its mechanics/naming.

4 Likes

If it had the “Echo” tag the shaman would be able to use it more than twice per turn, and they didn’t feel that was needed is my guess

They CAN use it more than twice per turn. Can use it 5 times.

2 Likes

On a side note shamans healing is way out of control and makes the while game completely pointless from a fundamental standpoint.

Idea is to reduce your opponent from 30 to 0. Opponent can healing their entire health pool around 6 times per game means their opponent should be given a deck of 100 cards to compensate or buff their spells and or minion stats by 200% to compensate.

You’re welcome.

1 Like

Because they are … (complete yourself)

Never played it myself… I was wrong. That’s dumb then it should say echo for sure

1 Like

It’s especially weird because cards like Mistwraith can’t synergize with Witch’s Brew since it technically doesnt say echo. What would changing it harm?

1 Like

Totally bogus reason as various cards have have gotten keywords that didn’t exist when they first came out.

Some examples:
Mistress of Pain (Goblins and Gnomes) - Lifesteal (Knights of the Frozen Throne)
Prince Malchezaar (Karazan) - Start of Game (Witchwood)
Wickerflame Burnbristle - (Mean Streets) - Lifesteal (Knights of the Frozen Throne)

4 Likes

Ignoring existing keywords makes sense if there are only a few of them in standart. You dont want confuse new players as long as there are only one or two cards with this mechanik.
Once they rotate out and are only available in wild adjusting the keywords would make sense, too.

1 Like

Because that would make too much sense.

I assume it’s because they don’t want people to use it with Krag’wa the frog and be able to practically never die

You still get multiple Witch’s Brews back with Krag’wa. The devs already stated their reasoning: they want Echo to be limited to Year of the Raven cards.

1 Like

The reason is just: they want. End.

The other reasons are calling the players brain dead.