Why does Elon play D4 but not Hearthstone?

D4 takes a lot of time to farm.
Elon Musk said he was a competitive player before and he is one boss fight away from finishing this Diablo 4 game in the top, namely beating Lilith in some uber hard realm.

I am just wondering why he doesn’t compete in Hearthstone. Much more skill required than farming in D4. No? It’s crazy how much time you need to put in D4 with the level Elon has achieved.

Had Elon played Hearthstone and streamed about it, this game would have taken off like a rocket.

I suggest community manager reach out to Elon and incentivize him to play this game and bring home the World Cup at Blizzcon.

1 Like

It takes very little time to max out D4 and there’s no end game to speak of so that’s all you really have to do. It’s a game that is half finished and maybe will be where it should have been at launch in another year or so.

It took me over a week to finish the story and reached level 45 on one character.
I don’t see myself able to reach level 100 and beat all bosses on the highest realm without committing a full quarter of endless farming though…

Are you playing during the season or is this just your first time playing? Doing the story is very slow leveling for sure. What class are you playing? There’s a bunch of broken builds that you can play to clear fast and level quickly.

came from D2 and D3. I am honestly lost in D4 where there are way more upgradable attributes and zero set items. Plus there is only one map, no other chapters.
The grinding and farming is pointless here in D4 tbh. I don’t know why Elon and how much time Elon spent on his Druid…

So let me get this straight, you think it would be a good idea for a Blizzard employee to convince Elon Musk to stop playing a Blizzard game so that he can start playing a Blizzard game? As if Diablo 4 and Hearthstone were in competition with each other somehow?

It will NEVER happen.

1 Like

I wish Elon would’ve bought Hearthstone then drive it into oblivion like he did Twitter. Er, my mistake; “X”. :joy::joy: been even funnier if he bought Activision then drove it into the void, oop; they did that themselves :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

It has fewer bots than twitter, so that might be what’s stopping him.

3 Likes

Most of the stats in D4 have been shown to be completely useless. HP’s are good for basically anything using Overpower(which is busted ATM in season 1). Then get your resistances to cap and you are basically good. Maybe some crit chance if you can leverage it but that’s about it. I play a druid exclusively and it was super easy to level in a few days time. Just avoid the story content though as it is far less experience by a wide margin.

1 Like

They need more sponsors or popular people who wanna say that they play this and that to improve current state of a game such as D4
As for Hearthstone, they already covered that one with Garry Kasparov.

2 Likes

unless you’ve beaten d4 on the hardest difficulty in hardcore mode then you don’t even know what endgame is. your take on the game isn’t accurate. the game isn’t half finished at all. it’s a complete game. you just see it in a negative way and that’s most likely a you thing. the same way you calling players on hearthstone bad players is. i’ve played all diablo games since d1 was released and none of them are half finished. they’re all great games. the original is still a great game even now. i still have the cd from january 97.

This is a truly ridiculous mentality. A game should be a quality experience from the very start, you shouldn’t have to put in dozens of hours of a “git gud tax” on your free time before you can have a valid opinion on the quality of your experience.

I mean, I do get that the endgame and the early game can be very different experiences, almost different games, but one is the D4 that pretty much everyone who buys it plays and the other one is tryhards only.

2 Likes

not at all. if you think my mentality is ridic then try reading your 8456 posts. you are constantly replying to every topic on here and half of your comments are condescending. now that i’m done responding to your insult i’ll write about diablo. the game is a good experience from the start. it’s also a good experience when you actually have any idea what the game is and have played it as much as i have. that game has always been about challenging the player to kill diablo and having a difficult path to do it. the epitome of that is that you play hardcore and at the highest difficulties for the best experience. if someone wants to play softcore that’s fine and the game is fun that way. you may have an opinion on everything but you’re definitely not an expert on most of it scrote. all of the diablo games have been great and 4 is the best one since the original in my opinion. i play another game most of the time these days and come on hs as my secondary but d4 would be my main game if it wasn’t the other one or at least in my top 5 games i like to play.

That is your opinion and your experience. Good for you, I suppose. I LOVED Diablo 2, then eventually got a copy of Diablo 1. Enjoyed that too for the one and only time Ive played it all the way thru. D2 I mustve played about 3 times. D3… Not sure I finished at all. Got bored with it. All i recall was having to chase a glowing gold super saiyan goblin of treasure and it always escaping or luring me into lethal amounts of mobs while it got away anyways. Have no interest in D4. Nor its mobile counterpart RAID Shadow Legends… I mean Diablo Immortal.

I always played on the easiest difficulty and the games were plenty hard enough for me. I had no interest in harder modes as dying over and over isnt a great experience and thats pretty much always what happens to me anyways.

So no, the game can and is enjoyed on the standard easiest setting. Tryhard mode is for the people that are, well, tryhards. They exist among many games. They arent wrong to try and better their gaming skillset, kudos to them for that. But that isnt the default nor the general experience for most. I tried a hardcore mode character and lasted about 10 mins. never loaded the game again, its not even installed on this machine anymore lol.

Lol :joy: You think Elon has skills? and think he should play a game that takes more skills? :rofl: Im dying here.

He doesn’t play Hearthstone because he doesn’t want the rigging to suck away all of his money.

1 Like

Because he is smart.

It’s no secret that Elon is a big gamer, in fact gaming is his favorite past time.
He revealed that he was one of the best players in Quake. That’s first person shooter game, like CS Call of Duty , which takes skill.

1 Like

Saying that someone who plays video games is smart is almost exactly like saying that someone who sets their money on fire is rich. In both cases they’re wasting it.

2 Likes

I dont think that being good at a game = smart, or that smart = must be good at games. They are entirely separate and completely untethered concepts from each other.

He did, did he? Oh wow. Then that must be true.

By the way, Im one of the very best players in the world at Tic Tac Toe. That’s a two-dimensional, two player turn based strategy game with finite number of games, much akin to a Tower Defense game but the goal is to stop the opponent from getting 3 consecutive placements in a row. Alternatively one can go for 3 consecutive placements in a row for themselves, but that is a low IQ strategy only children utilize.

And? Who cares about endgame when everything leading up to it wasnt any good or any fun? The concept of Diablo and the mechanics of it were great in 97 and again whenever d2 came out… but never upgrading from that point and click to move style game isnt any different than the web game Drakkar.

it doesnt require someone to play the game on hardest difficulty and also to play all endgame content for someoen to form an opinion of not enjoying the game. That should like, be super obvious. I feel you are gatekeeping the ability to form opinions on the game.

1 Like

“Elon”. I’m pretty sure he has paid-to-win part of that character. Didn’t a “random friend” give him millions of gold on stream (or whatever currency that game has)?

2 Likes