Why do players greet me at the end of games?

So I am new to the game and only play the actual card game occasionally usually playing BGs. The emotes are different in the card game and it’s pleasant with a casual greeting to start the game, a wow emote for surprising interactions and even a well played emote when a good game’s been had.

I’ve had quite a few games though where someone either spams the greeting emote or uses it at the end of a game they’ve won. Why?

The spamming is often a tactic to get under your skin, I usually mute if someone starts doing it. Greeting at the end is just being a jerk.

2 Likes

I don’t agree with greeting at the end being a jerkmove, i greet at the end if i had a good and friendly game…

because the developers laugh happily every time something is introduced that can make you feel frustrated and annoy you, this of the game over emotes is part of one of the first frustration techniques that they have activated since the birth of hearthstone, obviously they keep this system under check to avoid uninstalling the game permanently

In bgs it’s just pictures but in standard I do use different emotes then the actual intended one, cuz of the weird voice lines.

It’s better to use some form of a friendly greeting, when the well played option is a sarcastic insult of my opponents skill.

Those voice line emotes quite often dont do what they promise. lol