Why Dalaran Heist stage 5 is bad

Thanks for the reply and great strategy info, i thank you. i am just moving on to other thing. i have spent too much time on this. there are so many other thingsfor me to do. really had fun but not worth it in hind-sight… heh

How many of you winners have all 63 checks on level 5?

1 Like

No True Scotsman fallacy. The classic.
Here’s a food for thoughts:
Did you know people can enjoy games without wanting to 100% them?

Quite aware. Also, I wasn’t trying to make the point you think with that.

I mean, sincerely, if you’re gonna be defensive then I can just not respond to you, no problem. But I’m legitimately wondering HOW people like this adventure so much, because it’s been such a nightmare for me.

My goal isn’t 100%, really (though I did go back when I realized I was a few runs away from getting all 63 on 3 and 5). Whenever I played, I rolled an anomaly. If it didn’t line up with a specific deck, I rolled dice to pick a Level, Hero, Power, and deck. I rarely played decks/powers that I’d already completed a run with, so to that extent, yes I was trying to 100%. In general, though, I think that would be insane.

And the thing is, most of the games I played (and there were hundreds) were just not fun at all to me. Not if I won, not if I lost, because most of the “strategy” seemed irrelevant. Like, yes, take synergy, but what if you’re not offered it? Same goes for anomalies, passives, etc… There certainly were powers/decks that always had a shot (Hunter 3rd power, e.g.), and the opposite (Try to beat Chomper on lvl 4 with the Shaman Totem deck). But I couldn’t just pick up the game, pick a random character, and have fun, like I can with a game like indin of ***ac.

I do get why you responded defensively, and most people do on this site. There’s a huge “This is objectively bad and you’re a moron if you like it” versus “Got mine” attitude on internet forums. But until someone is a d***, I’m generally asking questions sincerely, and I am now.

2 Likes

i didnt know that. you are god. i will now ascend.

You can beat these bosses without robe, I beat it with minions have rush and 5+ cost minions cost 5, then picked buckets of fatties. The muscle was also a very important minion in that run, I managed to put 6 copies of it in my deck, so I was able to field whole boards of rush minions after taking out any threat along the way. Also, Ive found that Robes restriction to only 2 cards to play very bad in certain situations.

I know I’m late to this conversation, but I just came back to the game and have been playing through some of the old adventures.

Dalaran Heist wing 5 heroic is really horrible, and the reason is because you have to start over from the first boss every time. You spend about an hour to beat the first 8 bosses, which are pretty easy. But then, even if you have a strong deck, if you get unlucky on any one of the last four, you lose, and have to start over from the very beginning and waste another hour on stupid easy bosses. It’s just way too mindlessly time consuming. If I could just play the last four, it would be fine.

At least Blizzard did seem to learn from their mistake with this one, because in Tombs of Terror, the last boss of each wing can be quite challenging, but you make a little progress with the persistent health pool, so it doesn’t feel like a total waste. And I loved the old style adventure of Galakrond’s Awakening. The bosses are super hard, but you just do each one individually, so it doesn’t really matter if you keep failing over and over.

1 Like

I love the Dalaran Heist and I’ve almost finished every chapter with every class (Heroic). I’m still playing occasionally.

The trick to beating heroic is “anomaly shopping”. You can build your deck to maximise most anomalies in a way that the AI decks are not built for. First I see what the anomaly is, then I pick a class/chapter combo that anomaly is well suited for.

Its getting a little harder as my selection of unfinished class/chapter combos is shrinking. But in another way its becoming easier because I’m learning all the dangerous cards in each opponents deck so I’m better able to play around them.

If Dalaran Heist 5 is bad, you have to be worse. A rogue with pogo-hoppers (as many as I could get with duplatransmogrifier) and the double battlecry treasure was too much for those mages. It’s a villain adventure, so break all the rules!

I’ve been struggling mightily to beat this run with Mage/Hunter (my usual classes) and just today discovered this thread so I thought I’d give it a shot with Rogue.

Got further than I have before, all the way to hero 10. No Pogos showed up, but along the way I got the power that makes your minions permanently stealthed. Was down to very low health but thought I had the game licked when I put out a taunt, only to find a taunt on a stealth minion is ignored, d’oh! Well at least I learned something new.

I must have some masochist in me because part of me actually enjoyed spending almost two hours on this run, only to get stomped and have to start all over again. It is kind of fun in a perverted sort of way. Maybe Paladin next time, yeah that’s the ticket…

Finally did it! Went all the way through and beat Khadgar, and I hadn’t even gotten to face him before.

The keys were:

Rogue, chose the deck with the Pogo and the duplicators (wasn’t initially offered it but was a reward after a few tries). For the hero power I chose the one that does 2 damage to an undamaged minion.

Got the passive ability that halves your cards mana cost but you can only play 2 per turn. Was initially not liking the idea of only being able to play 2 cards but it turned out to be very strong as I focused on adding some powerful 8-10 mana cards like Sneed’s and others that I was able to play early.

Another key seemed to be getting the ability that gives 2 armor when a friendly minion is killed.

Also probably got a bit lucky as well :slight_smile:. Thanks to this thread as well, picked up several of these ideas from it.

Card back is pretty cool and feels well-earned. Also got a gold pack.

1 Like

Wow i cant believe that one year after posting this it keeps coming back :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyways grats for you success mate.