Why Dalaran Heist stage 5 is bad

Just a healthy criticism here…

There s a good difference between challenging and simply hard.

Challenging means that if i actually use/train my skill correctly i ll be eventually good enough to beat something. Lets take for ex the old hs adventures that had stages. The stages were crazy challenging but you knew that if you use your deckbuilding skill correctly you would eventually win. In Bd labs you knew there was always a solution, it was just challenging to find it. Therefore what counted was your skill.

Is this true about Dalaran heist chapter 5? Not at all…
You just play and wish you re lucky enough to get all the correct treasures (sometimes you even have to concede game 1 cause you didnt get a strong one as a choise) and from a certain point your skill matters like 0 cause all you have to do is simply having the correct cards in your hand.
The 4 last bosses are a freaking nightmare and theres absolutely no way you can beat them without having a crazy deck.

But why does this have to happen? A good challenge means that i have to outplay my opponent, that i have to outplay a smart AI.
But thats not the case. The AIs are 100% stupid. How many times have you seen the AI doing incredibly stupid mistakes like for ex to play its hero power and after that an inspire minion?
So what does it make them strong? An overpowered deck, an overpowered hero power and the fact they start with 4 mana. And thats not challenging, its simply a hard, bad, terrible design.

And dont even get me started on how much time consuming it is… Just completing one run takes about 1.5 hours and if you lose you start str8 from the beginning. I mean com’on checkpoints have been discovered since the early 80s gaming.

Worst part? They ve released like 4 dungeon run style adventures till now and they still dont know how to do it the right way…Like seriously…

18 Likes

Agreed. I’ve complained about it a fair bit, and honestly, there are clearly gamers who like this style of game. And if Blizzard wants to cater to them specifically, I mean, that’s fine? But I’m done. I’ve tried REALLY HARD to like DH, because I’ve liked the past singleplayer stuff a lot, but I just find this one boring and frustrating and repetitive.

2 Likes

I actually like ch. 5 because it provided something absent from other chapters - certainty. I knew exactly who the final bosses are and what they do, so I knew to build my deck appropriately.

You speak like there s some sort of strategy for beating ch 5 (especially in heroic) other that ‘‘get the most overpowered treasures out there or lose’’. If yes pls explain me what is it.
The only way i ve managed to beat this thing was to take both ‘‘the robes’’ and ‘‘your minions that cost 5 or more cost 5 instead’’ while replacing all minions in my deck with Oondasta. Yes the deck was monstrous but it wasnt cause of the strategy it followed for each different boss - it was just a monstrous thing that could beat anything. I even beat Haro setting sun as my 8th fight with this, but really it seems all i needed was good treasures and 0 brain.

1 Like

My deck that I beat heroic with had the following treasures:
Dr. Boom’s remote
Resourcefulness
Treasures were:
2x Box
EVIL Propaganda
Muscle I never drw since I picked it after boss 7.
Which one is broken, tell me?:stuck_out_tongue:

don’t waste your time… these guys doesn’t even try they just concede first game until they get robes and then QQ on the forum beacause its boring .

Awwwww. You seem like such a lovely person.

2 Likes

khadgar filled the board with 0 cost 8/8s he got from echo of medivh or some sh*t repeated by his elementals, I cleared a few of them then he filled the board again and I had 11 health left, I was about to concede but I life tapped just for the hell of it and drew evil propaganda which I forgot I had cuz I never drew it once the whole run. gg khadgar

Well yes, there is a lot of RGN involved in the adventure, but there is also strategy to be found, for example, you know all three last bosses are very spell heavy decks, and that is a good thing to keep in mind when choosing treasures and tech cards, you know they have a 3 crystal advantage over you so you KNOW you need to have a plan for those 2 or 3 first turns, because if you don’t they will crush you before you get to do anything.
I agree with you that it is very frustrating loosing after you have invested an hour or more into a run and that design wise, there might be room for improvement there, but to be fair, endurance and patience are part of the challenge in this chapter too; I have realized that I have a lot better results if I do a pause after a hard of frustrating game, I make way less mistakes if I am playing with a cool head.

I have beaten chapter 5 in normal mode with all classes, and with different techniques, and only twice in heroic so far, but I have not been farming for specific treasures. I am not going to say that it is incredibly easy and by the numbers kind of experience, but saying that it is a complete coin flip is a bit disingenuous too.

(btw my favorite winning deck so far, was rushing deathrattles that gave me armor when they died)

Nothing seems to be broken and i probably wouldnt have beat heroic with these treasures. So grats anyways but still you didnt tell me what was your strategy knowing who the last 4 bosses are gonna be?

Im with you. But again what are your plans gonna be?

And in general one of my main points are why do the bosses have to be stupid with OP decks. Why cant they be simply smart with decent decks (you ll have a normal deck as well of course). I mean common as already mentioned you can find guys playing their hero power before their inspire minion, the semi final guy plays its spells first and then his hero power (spell dmg +1) , sometimes vargoth plays his spells before his spell dmg minions and there are so many other things you watch going wrong. The AI is brainless but he simply has monster decks and i trully wonder, is this the essence of fun?

1 Like

The worst part is we have to pay for this garbage. The first four levels were fair. The fifth is ok up the the last two, nearly impossible. A challenge is good, a cheat is not. I even watch pros play and they comment on the unfair play. Why is blizzard so good at making games that players eventually hate. Seems like bad business.

5 Likes

Well, if you were a bad enough dude to rescue the president, it wouldn’t matter. :wink:

Evil propaganda is 10 mana? How did that work out?

I cleared Stage 5 Heroic on my first try.

Paladin, Robes of Gaudiness, Rocket Boots. Drafted a whole bunch of big taunts, Tirions, healing, and Lich Kings. The deck basically had no weaknesses. I just steamrolled every boss.

I probably did something different on the casual level, but there’s a way to negotiate around it.

I used Priest to complete my run, and used the double Deathrattle anomaly, double Battlecries, and making the opponent’s minions cost one more. Making the minions cost one more takes Kalecgos out of the equation, and that card is not easy to deal with. Loaded up on a Deathrattle package loaded with Convincing Infiltrators and Obsidian Statues to deny a board presence for the final four bosses. N’zoths to work around Kalecgos’s Hero Power and the Arcane Missiles from Rhonin.

You can beat chapter 5 vary easy if you grab only big creatures and also get the robes that makes everything cost half but can only play 2 cards per turn. now the mana difference doesnt matter, and the final bosses has to handle big creatures they cant one shot with spells

I am having a lot of fun with chapter 5 yes sometimes frustrating but there are ways to make solo runs fun i got to the last boss on rogue i had 18 health left i managed to get him to 58 and he hit me with 2 pyroblasts does it really matter if it is hard?? wouldn’t it just be a waste of money if you completed expansions in 1 run?? to me it’s worth what I paid and I will keep at chapter 5 until I defeat every boss…calm and patience are a virtue good Luck!!!

I mean its not

I paid for this. Least they could do is make the AI not horribly baddd

1 Like

I don’t understand the point of the playing the adventure just to concede after game 1 because you got the passive choices you didn’t want. There are 15+ Passives and another 10 or so Anomalies to choose from. Yall act like yall cant build a solid deck to at least win 4-5 games before it starts to get harder

Well, I can’t speak for everybody who’s complaining, but “Take average passive and buckets with no synergy because that’s the best you were offered, beat the same 4-6 bosses you’ve beaten dozens of times and provide little challenge” is not my idea of a good time.

It probably would be if there were a lot more bosses? But there aren’t. I found Heroic to just get boring and frustrating so quickly this time. I sincerely wish I’d just spent my money on the packs, or really another game.

5 Likes