Why can't I make classic deck

When I go to my collection to make deck its in either basic or standard cards. I want to make a deck to play in classic but I don’t know what to do.

You must go to klassic to kreate deck

1 Like

The decks are greyed out when I got to the classic mode I can’t click on any of them and when it directs me to the collection tab I click classic cards and it still wont show classic cards only standard mode classic cards.

Im jus gueszing, have you beat dh prologue? Also logoff and in

no I have not im doing it now but I don’t see why I would have to unlock demon hunters to place classic how are they related.

I dont know bro I just thought people had same issue wit wild where they needed DH prologue.

I am having the same issue, I think I make a Classic deck but I cannot play with it. I am also unable to create a new deck because it says something about beating a hero - I don’t know what that means, I am just trying to play some Classic and all I am seeing is newer stuff everywhere!

You probably have to have all classes unlocked and you probably didn’t unlock demon hunter. All classes need to be unlocked to access most game modes.

Thank you for the reply. They couldn’t possibly think that people returning for Classic mode would want to do that, could they? I did not even know Demon Hunter was available.

I was expecting a big button that said CLASSIC that would take me away to a magical land without all of the newer stuff. I was a fool.

I honestly don’t know if they intended this to happen or not, but I know it’s been an ongoing problem. They had a requirement to unlock all classes when the game was newer, and adding Demon Hunter seems to have messed with that code somehow. I assume they would fix it if they could but I also assume it doesn’t affect many players because most people unlocked demon hunter last april.

1 Like

just as well we have people who can tell us whats wrong on the forums aye !!!

Not sure if you found the answer, but I wanted to reply since this thread is the top result on Google when I was trying to fix this myself.

You need to first go to “Play” and then click the button above your rank to change modes (Classic, Standard, Wild, Casual). Then click “My Collection” and it will let you make decks based on your “Play” mode.

2 Likes

They let you edit your preexisting classic decks with the classic filter in my collection.
though the option disappears when making a new deck.
the only way to make a new classic deck is to only put classic cards in that deck without the use of a filter which is very difficult and i haven’t tested this theory.

They intentionally want to push you into standard play.

From another string: “Go to the collection manager. Click the New Deck button. Now, before selecting a class, click the mode selector button on the top right of the screen. Click Classic. You’ll see the selection of classes change (no Demon Hunter or Death Knight in Classic). Click a class, then build your deck.
Done.”

1 Like

It’s been 2 years, I’m pretty sure they figured it out.

Thanks for the help! Your comment solved it for me. Appreciate it! :slight_smile: