Why Are Warlock Players So Obnoxious?

I swear to God ever since Badlands released I have been BM’d in LITERALLY every game. Is this the one class that attracts losers or something? Between holding lethal until the rope runs out to saying thank you on every win, I don’t see this from as many people playing any other class.

What’s the psychology here? This needs to be studied.

4 Likes

Yes, that has been my theory for as long as HS been around

1 Like

They must not win very often, so they get really excited & spam emotes; but what I don’t really understand is why do they wait until the last moment to actually notch the win?

1 Like

I think it deserves a totally thorough and completely made up statistical analysis, but I can’t seem to think of anyone qualified for such an endeavor.

6 Likes

It’s not exclusive to warlock players I could just as easily say why do rogues pointlessly rope out their last turn and play every card possible when they have already lost and then concede. some people just like being obnoxious regardless of what class they are playing.

2 Likes

Warlocks are not bringing their best people

Last 3 patches warlocks have had fairly obnoxious ways to win be it milling your cards, cursing etc. Pretty sure the class brings the players, and yes rogues are sure that drawing 1 more card will give them a solution.

It’s almost as if the flavor of warlock is to be the bad guy or something

6 Likes

Excuse me, you spelled demon hunter wrong.

1 Like

Yes. The class is designed to make you suffer. As a warlock player, I don’t exactly enjoy being that player, that actively seeks to make a bad time for my opponent. Although, does losing ever feel good? For most players, the answer’s no. However, how you lose certainly falls on a feels spectrum. For instance, take Azerite Snake. At the moment, it’s the thing to complain about feeling bad, losing to, and as such is going to be nerfed hard. But, that’s not because Blizzard cares about your feelings; that’s because Blizzard cares about money, and salty player aren’t going to be spending money on Hearthstone if they feel bad playing it.

Gamers are generally pieces of excrement.

Schyla has an interesting view of the warlock class, as well. Check out his comment explaining it here.

For fun, I went and asked ChatGPT why combo decks feel bad to lose to. This is its response:

The perception that combo decks can feel frustrating to lose to in Hearthstone is subjective and can vary from player to player. However, there are several reasons why some players may find losing to combo decks less enjoyable:

1. Limited Interactivity: Combo decks often focus on assembling specific combinations of cards to achieve a powerful or game-winning effect. When a combo deck successfully pulls off its combo, the opponent might feel that they had limited opportunities to interact or disrupt the combo.
2. Unpredictability: Some combo decks rely on drawing specific cards in a particular order. When this happens, the outcome of the game can feel more determined by luck (drawing the right cards) than by strategic decisions and player skill. This perceived lack of control can be frustrating for some players.
3. Sudden and Explosive Wins: Combo decks often have the potential for sudden, explosive turns that can end the game quickly. This can create a feeling of helplessness for the opponent, especially if they were not able to predict or prevent the combo.
4. Long Turns and Ropes: In some cases, executing a combo can involve long and intricate turns, especially with multiple card interactions. This can lead to longer turns and a perception of “roping” (waiting until the turn timer almost expires), which can be frustrating for opponents who want a faster-paced game.
5. Polarized Matchups: Some combo decks have matchups that are highly polarized, meaning they are either very favored or unfavored against certain types of decks. This can lead to a feeling of helplessness if a player faces a matchup where their deck has little counterplay against the combo.

It’s important to note that while some players may find losing to combo decks frustrating, others appreciate the diversity of strategies and archetypes in the game. Game developers continually strive to maintain a healthy balance between different deck types to ensure a variety of playstyles and a positive overall player experience.

Warlocks are pretty neutral lore wise. It’s either be on the horde and follow the footsteps of Gul’Dan or be on the alliance and take power others are too afraid to wield (because of corruption) to save the people you love and the cities you want to protect.

You must have played me yesterday!

Yes

1 Like

It’s probably your attitude that attracts negative attention. Just from your post alone I can tell you are full of salt.

6 Likes

Your literally have Gul’Dan as your avi. Something struck a chord here.

1 Like

You are very observant.

1 Like

Well you really proved me wrong here.

Wanted to check in – has this got any better for you?

I have no idea. I mute everybody now. Feels like everybody just BMs.

1 Like

Warlock has been attracting the scummiest players since launch. Specifically Gul’Dan Warlocks of any skin variety.

Nemsy is the only one that doesn’t make me feel like a scumbag because she’s so wholesome. When I see my opponent has a Nemsy skin I assume they’re doing it for the 1000 wins to get Warlock done with.

You certainly are one of those terrible human beings. Practice what you preach.

It is your right to be a jerk, I am also a jerk, but your credibility is lost when you cry about others being jerks while being one yourself!

5 Likes