Why are there so few game boards? Ugh

There is a serious lack of gameboards variety currently. I believe there are only 4 in rotation - one for each active expansion. And it is terrible - doesn’t help that they all use similar colors too. I came back just over a month ago and I’m already tired of seeing the same 4 boards over and over every game. Clicking around the doodads while playing and waiting always made the experience more enjoyable. So why limit it so much?

Before we at least also had the 4 or so neutral boards (stormwind, orgrimmar, stranglethorn, some others) in addition to all current expansion ones for a more reasonable pool of about 10 at any given moment. Even that felt pointlessly limited. That feature was apparently removed and now there are 4!

The game has so many fun, beautiful boards (dozens) but they’re all locked away in wild for some arbitrary reason. Yeah those expansions aren’t in standard but would it really hurt anyone to have the boards in standard rotation? If necessary you can give us a board selection toggle like there is for coins/heroes/cardbacks.

Please and thank you.

2 Likes

It would be nice set them among your “favorites” like coins

As much as I’d also want the ability to favorite boards, I can certainly think of one reason why they wouldn’t allow it: Transfer Student.

1 Like

What do you mean by transfer student?

Its effect varies depending on what game board you’re playing on. If you could favorite select boards, you can manipulate it to give you the desired effect(s) you want every match.

1 Like

Wasn’t aware of that card but if that’s what is holding it back that card needs to be deleted. Cause that just sucks…

I wouldn’t say it’s the only reason, but merely one reason. It’s not really that game-breaking of a card to begin with, since it was rarely ran in decks back when it was in standard. It’s very niche.

Game board manipulation would make it much more playable for sure, but with how much the game has power-creeped since, I doubt it’d be hard run in any decks regardless.