Why are spells so weak?

Yes I fully understand that some decks are only spells and do work, but in general one thing that has always annoyed me about this game is that spells are weaker than minions. Like if that’s the case then why bother having spells in the game? And that being the case then how is this game not more unpopular? Is this how other card games work?

2 Likes

Spells don’t try to accomplish the same goal minions do, or can totally do that in fact and do it great.
You should provide examples of what you mean by spells being weak because I don’t see any support to that claim.
There are good and bad cards along all types of cards that’s a fact, but what actually played and good spells are you calling weaker than minions ?

1 Like

there is minimal interaction with spells in hand , so by buffing spells you risk that games are played from hands instead of board.
Don’t think this will make games better.

I think it would. But, I don’t think spells are too weak or anything.

Like for easy example take Silverback patriarch is 3 mana minion, and the 2 mana spell card that can give you 3 Silverbacks. Obviously the spell is better but it wouldn’t exist without the minion. Even though the minion sucks the spell sees play (sometimes, I think? Lol)

1 Like

That’s an intressting claim, usualy ppl complain about removals beeing to good.

If you want to play a board centric deck you need multible refill mechanics, cuz removals are super effective.

Many decks just run key minions nowadays and kill you from hand.
Minion heavy or only decks are super rare and minion only dosnt work at all.

Every minion can be killed by cheap spells now, regardless of it’s statline.

I like the Spell aspect of this game, but yes, I have noticed that a good portion of spells are really weak while there are minions like C’Thun and Deathwing (compared to Pyro for 10?) and Don Honcho that just make the spells look like nothing.

The only good spells are the exploitative draw spells and exploitative removal spells (i.e: Twisting Nether, Psychic Scream, Light Bomb, etc.).

They need to rework a lot of cards in this game so there are good spells WITHOUT BEING EXPLOITATIVE and good minions ALSO WITHOUT BEING EXPLOITATIVE.